What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Gave the Kirsten it’s maiden voyage today with some pretty dried out PS Oriental someone had sent along a while back.

Pretty big day for learning - actually kept the bowl going for the whole smoke (getting it started took a handful of matches though lol), got to know the Kirsten, tried to skirt the edges of tongue bite (still got some here and there), then the post smoke cleanup (which probably took 5+ minutes due to my ODC). Still a ways to go to get it down totally.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have a pouch but haven't cracked it yet.
Lakeland’s are fine from the vague memories I have. The nic content is a bit over my present desire though. Doubt I’ll get back into them. I was apparently a big fan of 1792 I expect as I found three empty tins in a drawer while packing a couple of months ago. I’ve become a mild to medium in all respects type of smoker. When you get the age when it’s difficult to pull your socks up, there is little desire to blow them off you see.

Just lit a bowl of 2008 Fribourg and Treyer Cut Virginia Plug, in a Falcon. I picked this tobacco up in a trade a while back and am just now getting to it.
The mild topping (citrus? Vanilla?) is long gone, but the aged Virginia is shining through, and it’s a good smoke.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Like you, Brandon, I have a sample of Lakeland from the SP drop that I haven't had the courage to load up yet. I'm not sure if you got a whiff of it yet, but (#7 Broken Flake at least) very much had that aroma of public restroom soap. It's a very heavy floral but creamy bouquet. Not at all in a bad way, but I can sure see where it's a turnoff for American palettes.
Come on Bill, man up and smoke that limey weed - good for you. Actually you probably like it- interesting stuff and you will likely catch a buzz as we used to say.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Like you, Brandon, I have a sample of Lakeland from the SP drop that I haven't had the courage to load up yet. I'm not sure if you got a whiff of it yet, but (#7 Broken Flake at least) very much had that aroma of public restroom soap. It's a very heavy floral but creamy bouquet. Not at all in a bad way, but I can sure see where it's a turnoff for American palettes.
All of the G&H blends I got with the exception of Dark Birds Eye had very interesting aroma...the Dark Birds Eye is actually the only one I've smoked. I'm away from home at training right now and left behind all the newly jarred stuff. I only have LLRR, Newminster 403, Dark Birds Eye, Old Gowrie and some aromatic that was left in a pouch here. Interested to give them a try though.

Post game smokes: SG Navy Flake in an Abe Herbaugh w/bamboo shank, then Wilke Surbrug's Crystal Palace in a GBD Prehistoric w/Perspex stem.
proxy.php

Lakeland’s are fine from the vague memories I have. The nic content is a bit over my present desire though. Doubt I’ll get back into them. I was apparently a big fan of 1792 I expect as I found three empty tins in a drawer while packing a couple of months ago. I’ve become a mild to medium in all respects type of smoker. When you get the age when it’s difficult to pull your socks up, there is little desire to blow them off you see.
1792? Hats off to you. What’s your secret :cornut: :ouch1:?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Squadron Leader in my Drummond Lovat. Much improved over the first couple of smokes. The draw had been super tight, and I couldn't pass a pipe cleaner through the stem. I did manage to carefully feed one through, and that let me know there was no unseen blockage, so on the next smoke, when everything was warm and wet (it gurgled like there was a piece of tobacco blocking the hole, except there wasn't), I ran another cleaner through the stem and it opened up a little. So there was some crud. When I got home, I did it again with an alcohol-soaked cleaner, but without much improvement. So I got out my trusty Ryobi drill and opened the airway a bit. Now it's much better.

Top Bottom