What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

image.jpg

Morgan Bones Stubby Anse
Amphora Kentucky

First smoke in the bowl. Awkward to clench at first. Stayed cooler than my cobs. Smoked well. This pipe will be dedicated to whatever I want to smoke.

Happy Independence Day to y’all!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Another heat warning day here. Kinda like mid winter in other places. . . about 86 F. Lawn mowed, trimmed, blew the cut grass off the sidewalk . . .

Yeah this heat wears one down quick . . . Humid too. But not as humid as other places . . . .nice to have A/C

Arango Balkan Supreme after showering for the second time. Nice big bowl full in a Savinelli 6 something bent billiard.

On a very nice 5th of July, 75 degrees, calm after a shower. Smoked WC Old Dominion in a Radice Rind billiard. Now smoking C&D Pegasus in a Stanwell Zebrano billiard. Next up is WC Undead Scotsman in an Amphora X-tra Canadian.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Another heat warning day here. Kinda like mid winter in other places. . . about 86 F. Lawn mowed, trimmed, blew the cut grass off the sidewalk . . .

Yeah this heat wears one down quick . . . Humid too. But not as humid as other places . . . .nice to have A/C

Arango Balkan Supreme after showering for the second time. Nice big bowl full in a Savinelli 6 something bent billiard.
86 is a heat warning? Oh, I remember those days, decades ago. :)

on edit: down here, 86 is a cold front.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
90 is stand down for the reserves . . when I was involved. I had not thought about this in a long while. Standing in the hot sun with black berets and shiny black boots . . . you could feel your feet cooking in the woollen socks. But more fun . . digging trenches so you can stay up all night on watch . . . so dark you can see the glow from things rotting in the earth.

Glad to be where I am just now . . . with my pipe or cigar . . .and A/C

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
90 is stand down for the reserves . . when I was involved. I had not thought about this in a long while. Standing in the hot sun with black berets and shiny black boots . . . you could feel your feet cooking in the woollen socks. But more fun . . digging trenches so you can stay up all night on watch . . . so dark you can see the glow from things rotting in the earth.

Glad to be where I am just now . . . with my pipe or cigar . . .and A/C
Sitting in AC myself. Texas would be unlivable without it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just smoked some PS Cube Cut and the flavor was very similar to PA and the smoke was excellent...if you like PA you'll like PS Cube Cut.
Thanks for pointing this out. Sounds right up my alley. I read a bunch of reviews on TR and was a bit amazed at the consistently rave reviews. I’ll make a note in my little black book for my next order. I’ve ordered Match Edgeworth but it is still on back order. I generally take reviews with a grain of salt but.....

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just smoked some PS Cube Cut and the flavor was very similar to PA and the smoke was excellent...if you like PA you'll like PS Cube Cut.
I read the reviews on Pipesandcigars. One review gave it one star because it tasted like Half and Half so I ordered 8oz. 😂 Also, a few reviews said it was much like Edgeworth so how could I go wrong? It must be a very good Burley.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I read the reviews on Pipesandcigars. One review gave it one star because it tasted like Half and Half so I ordered 8oz. 😂 Also, a few reviews said it was much like Edgeworth so how could I go wrong? It must be a very good Burley.
I like it. Cube cut can be a bit different to work with. Without proper drying it can be a bear to light. I suggest kind of half way rubbing it out, at least that's how I get best results. I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I like it. Cube cut can be a bit different to work with. Without proper drying it can be a bear to light. I suggest kind of half way rubbing it out, at least that's how I get best results. I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.
Thanks. I’ll have fun playing with it. From what I’ve read, I am really looking forward to it! I’ve probably tried 200 blends in the past 50 years and somehow ended up preferring H&H over them all and now I’m just circling around that blend looking for the best similars. My days of experimenting are pretty well over - thankfully.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Thanks. I’ll have fun playing with it. From what I’ve read, I am really looking forward to it! I’ve probably tried 200 blends in the past 50 years and somehow ended up preferring H&H over them all and now I’m just circling around that blend looking for the best similars. My days of experimenting are pretty well over - thankfully.
It's certainly a good one. I have a pound squirrel'd away.

That PS cube burley is good stuff. Other than having to dry it out (or you'll never get it lit) and having to figure out how to pack it. Get past those little hurdles and it's pretty good.

Top Bottom