What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

How was it?
I loved it. Going to stock up on some. Sad I only have smoked the aged vs new tin.

It’s one of the better balanced VaPers I’ve smoked so far. Spicy and sweet. Lots of tobaccos leave me wanting to light another due to not getting satisfied but this was one I was pleased with.

Not an expert by any means though!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
An Estate GBD second and a bit of Victoria to begin the day.
1592839049208.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
A fine bowl of Bayou Morning in a Sav 320 second on a warm Kentucky morning while watching my little ones enjoy the pool.
20200622_112448.jpg

I've been away on a family camping trip for a few days, had a few good smokes out there also.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A fine bowl of Bayou Morning in a Sav 320 second on a warm Kentucky morning while watching my little ones enjoy the pool.
View attachment 1116415
I've been away on a family camping trip for a few days, had a few good smokes out there also.
That is a fine looking pipe as well my good man! I was actually a bit surprised at how well they smoke right out of the box. You inspired me well.

brandaves

That is a fine looking pipe as well my good man! I was actually a bit surprised at how well they smoke right out of the box. You inspired me well.
The Sav series III might be the best deal in smoking for my money. I own two and they are easily my favorite pipes. Always good smokers.

B656A1E3-28AA-495D-8783-11DAEF61D0AB.jpeg

Here’s the reason I haven’t posted.

Mother and rest of the litter must’ve ran off when landscapers were mowing. He was too scared to follow. Took him for shots, tests, and have Now switched him off milk. Naming him Dracula.

Now for the smoke:
MM little devil(starting to crack, has a big crater inside)
Samuel Gawith St James Flake(dried for a day and a half still rubber haha)

Hope you all have a good day!

brandaves

View attachment 1116951

Mother and rest of the litter must’ve ran off when landscapers were mowing. He was too scared to follow. Took him for shots, tests, and have Now switched him off milk. Naming him Dracula.

Now for the smoke:

Congrats on the new family member!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
View attachment 1116951

Now for the smoke:

Looks like Dracula wants that pipe.

brandaves

Happy you are enjoying it. The rest is in the mail. That is one beautiful Peterson!
Thank you. I just bought it during Smoking Pipes 50% off deal. It's the 2019 Summertime edition. Can't beat $50 for a brand new Pete...I couldn't pass it up. (I actually bought 3, two for me and one as a Father's Day gift. Don't tell SWMBO!)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thank you. I just bought it during Smoking Pipes 50% off deal. It's the 2019 Summertime edition. Can't beat $50 for a brand new Pete...I couldn't pass it up. (I actually bought 3, two for me and one as a Father's Day gift. Don't tell SWMBO!)
What a deal! I have two Peterson’s and they are great pipes. Just wait till it’s broken in. $50 is amazing. If you ever shop for estate pipes, go for a GBD. They are really good. Too bad they are no longer in production. For a really good specimen for a first quality the bidding can be quite fierce. The seconds smoke just as well though. The firsts have the metal badge on them.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
This morning, as usual, I began with a good dose of Half and Half but it just wasn’t getting me where I wanted to go. Still desiring Burley, I chose a bit of Solani Aged Burley Flake generously provided by @brandaves and it took me to where I wanted to go. Beautiful smoke. This will go on my wish list. H & H is a good daily smoke, Pegasus is good but a bit rough around the edges but this one is so well rounded and full yet simple. Loving it.

Top Bottom