What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

image.jpg

Aged almost 4 years...

Blummin 'eck! You've put some colour in that cob, Rick.
I had one before for a year that I got drunk and lost. Only ever smoked PA out of it. Should’ve seen her!

That is my new pipe. A little over a months use I think...haha I rub the ash from when I tamp with my finger on the rim

I smoke twice daily. I’ve smoked 13 out of 26 blends in it so far. The shank is starting to have a leak where it inserts the bowl when I massage the smoke back and forth. “But a little glue will fix that”(in my hilbilly accent)

I have 4 others: two MM cobs, a Morgan Bones stubby anse lightning finish, old dominion jamestown clay but never used them. I’m also in for this years LE morta Pipe...

Im focusing on learning different forms of tobacco: plugs, coins, flakes, ribbon. So far I’ve got ribbon and flakes fold and stuff method down. Just need to work on the drying time for different blends. I keep all my notes and tables in my phone. Thinking about following you and starting a journal here. Might be easier, plus feedback is always cool.

I know I need to tell @brandaves how awesome he is here again for his PIF. I’m loving it. The pipe he sent me will be dedicated to the aromatics he threw in.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I had one before for a year that I got drunk and lost. Only ever smoked PA out of it. Should’ve seen her!

That is my new pipe. A little over a months use I think...haha I rub the ash from when I tamp with my finger on the rim

I smoke twice daily. I’ve smoked 13 out of 26 blends in it so far. The shank is starting to have a leak where it inserts the bowl when I massage the smoke back and forth. “But a little glue will fix that”(in my hilbilly accent)

I have 4 others: two MM cobs, a Morgan Bones stubby anse lightning finish, old dominion jamestown clay but never used them. I’m also in for this years LE morta Pipe...

Im focusing on learning different forms of tobacco: plugs, coins, flakes, ribbon. So far I’ve got ribbon and flakes fold and stuff method down. Just need to work on the drying time for different blends. I keep all my notes and tables in my phone. Thinking about following you and starting a journal here. Might be easier, plus feedback is always cool.

I know I need to tell @brandaves how awesome he is here again for his PIF. I’m loving it. The pipe he sent me will be dedicated to the aromatics he threw in.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your stuff. There was a lot of different stuff to try out in there and enough Lane BCA and 1Q to last a good while I'd think. I had a pound of each of them on hand and rarely smoke them. You mentioned wanting to try some aros so I went ahead and sent a good portion of each. The others were just staple tobaccos you needed to try. Enjoy my friend!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I like tobacco flavors. I like most blends that deliver the (mostly natural) flavor of the leaf. Virginia, VaPer, VaBur, etc. This Solani doesn't have any detectable flavor to me, if it's there it's applied with a light hand...just a nice Burley tobacco. Delicious.

Of course I do enjoy a lot subtlety flavored stuff such as the Pegasus and others as well.
I’m of the same mind. I don’t care for heavily topped tobaccos. The Solani is really great. I’m not going into the rabbit hole this trip but that will be an exception. I’ve smoked a hell of a lot of tobaccos over the past many years but my tastes have evolved to the simplest blends. I aim for creamy with some Va for a touch of sweetness to balance out either Burley or Perique.

proxy.php

A great smoke with a Franken mixture of several left over blends. Probably the best smoke in a month and I don’t have any idea what’s in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool pouch! How long have you been throwing the blends in the mix? Cool idea. Great name! Haha I’m going to try it out

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Sorry guys, I thought I was in a different thread. I've reported those posts and asked for a mod to delete them. I'll try posting them again in the right thread this time.

Sorry again!

EDIT: Thank you to whoever sorted that out for me :)

Last edited:
Cool pouch! How long have you been throwing the blends in the mix? Cool idea. Great name! Haha I’m going to try it out

When I have less than a bowl left of something or I don’t find a blend quite tasty enough I throw in in a large mason jar, been doing it for 8 years now. I give it a shake or a stir every once in a while, but don’t go to great lengths to make it evenly mixed. That way every bowl is a little different. Yesterday’s just happened to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoking Peter Heinrichs Curly Block in a Radice rusticated bent Apple. A cool evening after a passing thunderstorm dropped the temp about 30 degrees. As I smoke I’m sharing the patio with a toad who seems intent on eating all the ants she encounters; I wish her good luck. The dogs have learned to ignore her!
proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Smoking Peter Heinrichs Curly Block in a Radice rusticated bent Apple. A cool evening after a passing thunderstorm dropped the temp about 30 degrees. As I smoke I’m sharing the patio with a toad who seems intent on eating all the ants she encounters; I wish her good luck. The dogs have learned to ignore her!
proxy.php
We got that storm a few hours later- felt good.

Top Bottom