Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Back to basics
10D31BA6-0AFD-41A2-A260-D48A3846EBCE.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Thanks, man. I think I'm approaching my limit on pipes, so for the foreseeable future at least, the LE is probably going to be the only pipe I buy every year. (Famous last words, I know.)

The 2020 "Kent" is an absolute killer, BTW, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks man. I am probably gonna have to do a cull one day like you did a few years ago and limit the pipes as well.

Thanks, man. I think I'm approaching my limit on pipes, so for the foreseeable future at least, the LE is probably going to be the only pipe I buy every year. (Famous last words, I know.)

The 2020 "Kent" is an absolute killer, BTW, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
What’s the limit on pipes? 3? 7? 365? Haha
I enjoy seeing your pipes. How many do you have? Hope it’s not rude for me to ask here? Still learning proper piper etiquette!

Thanks man. I am probably gonna have to do a cull one day like you did a few years ago and limit the pipes as well.

Sounds like crazy talk!

What’s the limit on pipes? 3? 7? 365? Haha
I enjoy seeing your pipes. How many do you have? Hope it’s not rude for me to ask here? Still learning proper piper etiquette!

Not at all. I haven't done a full count recently, but i believe I'm somewhere in the 65 range, not counting cobs. I'd like that number to be closer to 50. Some of us (casting a long look in the direction of Portland) have significantly larger collections, but i try to convince myself that i am a pipe smoker, not a collector, so I really do have more pipes than i should.

@Price did it the right way. Sell off a few of the less desirable pipes, and replace them with a single awesome artisan pipe. Do this a few times over, and you'll have fewer pipes, but an awesome collection.

Unfortunately, once you've done that, it gets much harder to cull the herd. I've done two sell-offs here in the last few years, and gotten a lot more choosy in what i buy, so every pipe still on the rack is a keeper. I really need to do another small purge (see above), which will come down to those pipes which simply don't get smoked often enough.

Top Bottom