What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

McClelland Organically Grown Flake in this Castello Old Antiquari...

20200525_144051.jpg

For the price I paid for this ($80 due to a Christmas sale), this is an amazingly nice pipe to smoke. It has an easy draw, and doesn’t get wet. I know the Derry line is kind of like their seconds (flaws covered by a nice blast), but it is a nice second.
I have a Derry Rusticated 03 Fishtail and love it!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Let’s hope they release as a regular blend and we can get it in bulk
I will be buying more, if available. It is a nice, thick smoke with lots of flavor. In fact, I’d say bold flavor.

on edit:MacBaren knows how to do a flake.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Smoking a Zenith Amsterdam porcelain pipe with some Castello Collection.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never heard of a porcelain pipe before. Is it heavy? I know it's a good smoker or you wouldn't be smoking it. :)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Never heard of a porcelain pipe before. Is it heavy? I know it's a good smoker or you wouldn't be smoking it. :)

It’s fairly light. These are double walled, so there’s a space below the tobacco chamber and it smokes kind of like a meer. Very neutral. There are a lot of decorative porcelain pipes out there which don’t smoke well, but the Zenith pipes are pretty good, and also Le Peltier pipes are similarly good. They’re usually pretty cheap so check them out.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It’s fairly light. These are double walled, so there’s a space below the tobacco chamber and it smokes kind of like a meer. Very neutral. There are a lot of decorative porcelain pipes out there which don’t smoke well, but the Zenith pipes are pretty good, and also Le Peltier pipes are similarly good. They’re usually pretty cheap so check them out.

I didn’t need to read this lol!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
What range should I be looking at for these things? Fleabay prices seemed pretty reasonable.

When I was shopping for one, I’d see them anywhere from $25-$40 usually. They’re a bit of a pain to clean so look for one in good condition, and also they have a cork or rubber gasket where the mouthpiece attaches so look for one that looks in good shape. They’re pretty fun pipes. Kind of a novelty, but they smoke well and are a good platform for tasting tobacco, like a clay but more modern and durable.

I will be buying more, if available. It is a nice, thick smoke with lots of flavor. In fact, I’d say bold flavor.

on edit:MacBaren knows how to do a flake.
MacB Flakes takes months to produce. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a yearly release or something after the success of this batch. Making sure the water was right for casting that bait as it were.

Granted with the way the pipe tobacco market is going, releasing limited releases every few months gets your produce to move. You can blame my Xenial generation for that. We always want to try something new.

That said, SG Squadron Leader with Perique (The green SP label) is possibly one of the best english I have tried and will keep buying more and more if they keep releasing it.

Top Bottom