What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

2013 Christmas Cheer again (getting toward the bottom of this) in my 2018 LE...

20190210_181804.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Royal Yacht in a Dr. Grabow bulldog. Nestled in my fancy pipe rest/ash tray (a spoon rest from the kitchen).

DSC_0022 (2).JPG

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Carolina Red Flake in a Sav. It’s good, but the flake is so dry in the tin I wonder if it will age much at all? The tin note is underwhelming too.

Did you find that it was too dry in the tin? Maybe Kent just had a dry one?
Not at all in fact I have yet to jar that tin and its still not dry. Right now the tin im smoking is perfect springy and supple and burns great. I love this blend its very smooth on the tongue and has just that good red Virginia taste. If it ever comes around I will certainly get as much as I can.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well that is reassuring then. So it wasn't TOO dry, just drier that you would want or expect?
Not at all in fact I have yet to jar that tin and its still not dry. Right now the tin im smoking is perfect springy and supple and burns great. I love this blend its very smooth on the tongue and has just that good red Virginia taste. If it ever comes around I will certainly get as much as I can.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Very interesting! Mine is more leathery when I rub it out, and when I fold and stuff the ends break easily.

Top Bottom