What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

A slice of Heinrichs Curly Block in my old SNAPkleen. I love this old pipe, kind of a 1930s fore-runner to the more modern reverse calabash. But instead of the shank being hollow, it's actually the vulcanite stem that is hollowed out and the tenon is on the shank side and acts as a venturi nozzle.

Is that tobacco blend really worth it's price? Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake is an excellent blend, comes tinned, and costs much less...

Well, lol, hard to say at this point as I've only had one bowl. The price hurt my feelings as well. :) It's very good, but I'll have to smoke it for a while to see if I think it's worth it. I really wanted it because it's a 250 gram solid plug but the premium IS pretty stiff. For me it's a pretty straight Virginia, I had a hard time finding the perique. I'll have to smoke it in a few other pipes to really feel like I've gotten the full flavor profile.

Well, lol, hard to say at this point as I've only had one bowl. The price hurt my feelings as well. :) It's very good, but I'll have to smoke it for a while to see if I think it's worth it. I really wanted it because it's a 250 gram solid plug but the premium IS pretty stiff. For me it's a pretty straight Virginia, I had a hard time finding the perique. I'll have to smoke it in a few other pipes to really feel like I've gotten the full flavor profile.
Thanks for the reply.

Peterson Baskerville loaded with DH MyMixture that I dumped, it need to be jarred and aged a little, a local blend that is like a better captain black royal, and finally a bowl of DH Nightcap and two fingers of Lagavoulin

20170723_133317.jpg Escudo rubbed out in my Peterson 106 that I picked up this weekend. First time with Escudo. With a local IPA called Pub Crawl, seemed appropriate for watching the Open.

I got in a tin of Frog Morton's Cellar and some more Escudo today, but since I have been trying to get some age on the tobacco's in my newly and daily acquired cellar, I have literally almost nothing to smoke. So I opened the first tin of FMC I acquired about 6 months ago.

I have and tried Frog Morton and Across the Pond and now trying my first bowl of FMC. Well, I can definitely see why it is popular. Nice aroma and flavor. Not as lat heavy as FM, but still, a nice shmoky flavor. I am also smoking it pretty hot & heavy and haven't been able to get it to bite, one time.

Definitely will be stocking up on this.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Top Bottom