What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium in a 1969 (that's when the original owner told me he bought it, anyway) Comoy De Luxe Billiard.. definitely one of my best smoking pipes. I really didn't like this tobacco when I first tried it a couple of years ago, but I've recently come to enjoy it a lot.

$image.jpg

Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium in a 1969 (that's when the original owner told me he bought it, anyway) Comoy De Luxe Billiard.. definitely one of my best smoking pipes. I really didn't like this tobacco when I first tried it a couple of years ago, but I've recently come to enjoy it a lot.

View attachment 568253

i like the blast on that baby! and the twig is still holding strong! you should stick a peg or something in that branch lolz

i like the blast on that baby! and the twig is still holding strong! you should stick a peg or something in that branch lolz

:laugh: I'm surprised at how much spring is still left in this twig, especially since it's on a piece of fire wood that has been exposed to the elements for almost 2 years! Trying to photograph most of my pipes on it before it gets retired.. it's been a good reason to bring any neglected pipes outta the closet, if nothing else! Here's a "behind the scenes" look at my recent pipe-photography studio (iPhone 5 is the camera)..

$image.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
:laugh: I'm surprised at how much spring is still left in this twig, especially since it's on a piece of fire wood that has been exposed to the elements for almost 2 years! Trying to photograph most of my pipes on it before it gets retired.. it's been a good reason to bring any neglected pipes outta the closet, if nothing else!
I still holding to the idea that you should designate it the official Brown Leaf twig, and give us a picture of just the twig that we call all Photoshop our pipes onto.

I'll just throw out my best one first, it's all downhill from here. A Jess Chonowitsch. Been learning the pipe for just over 40 years.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 66

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Carter Hall moistened with Tanqueray in a MM Shortstop. I was hoping for gin-flavored tobacco, but it tastes like Carter Hall. Oh well.

Haddos Delight in a MM Legend. The more I smoke this blend the better I understand why it's called "Delight".

If you can cellar some for a few years you will not believe what a fantastic tobacco it will become. If you think it's good fresh your in for a real surprise from some that is at least two years old.

When my wife in I got married we decided to head south to Dominican Republic. Because not too many of our friends and family were able to come and because we were both already pretty well set up with household type stuff our friends decided on a slightly altered form of a wedding shower. First off it wasn't just "the girls", it was a full blown party. Secondly, in lieu of blenders, toasters, and more blenders the planners had everyone bring a bottle of wine. Kim and I marked each bottle and when it was opened we were able to reflect on those kind friends that gave it to us. The planners were very generous and bought us the bottle pictured below. We have been aging it for almost 8 years now. Seeing as the 1999 vintage is becoming ready and it was a lovely evening we decided that the occasion had arrived. Paired with my new Vecchio and some Comoys coins.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430579986.249686.jpg

Just finished hanging curtains, time for a rest stop. OFD in a little Petersons billiard.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430580083.810546.jpg

Top Bottom