What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I bought an estate pipe a couple months ago and I never smoked it because it had a horrible taste that I though was just the stem from when the seller tried to clean it up.

I soaked the stem in vodka for 12 hours it's much better, but the pipe it's self still has some horrible taste. I'm currently trying to exercise this demon with a custom blend of Prince Albert layered on top of 5 Brothers on top of Ashton Artisan's blend. I can't tell if it's working or if I'm dead.

I bought an estate pipe a couple months ago and I never smoked it because it had a horrible taste that I though was just the stem from when the seller tried to clean it up.

I soaked the stem in vodka for 12 hours it's much better, but the pipe it's self still has some horrible taste. I'm currently trying to exercise this demon with a custom blend of Prince Albert layered on top of 5 Brothers on top of Ashton Artisan's blend. I can't tell if it's working or if I'm dead.

ROLF I've been there brother. Have you tried a S/A treatment? Try reaming the cake as close to wood as you can without gouging the bowl and do an S/A or three. That should seriously weaken the evil spirits in that pipe, and a new cake should exorcise them completely.

Right now, a mug of stroooooong Assam tea and Solani 369 in a short Tsuge Kaga bent brandy. Just got back from walking up the street to the bakery to pick up a fruitcake, so the fruity aromatic is keeping me from devouring half of the baked goods before dinner. :laugh:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The seller did ream the whole pipe out, and he actually did a decent job cleaning the pipe up, but it had this horrible taste of soap!(?) I assumed that it was the vulcanite stem but I was obviously wrong. I think one or two more treatments will be sufficient.

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe in a Peterson System 303

full

How do you like the Peterson 303? I have one on the way for Christmas Morning with some University Flake!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you like the Peterson 303? I have one on the way for Christmas Morning with some University Flake!
I really like it. It's a perfect medium-ish size and great smoker, as well as a great dangler.

Wrapping presents with a bowl of Peterson Holiday Season 2010 in a Baki Meer going. A cup of Sumatra on the side.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting the final touches on a couple of family gifts in the shop, but I've got a Pete 314 Chocolate flake and a bit of rum waiting for me when I finish.

And sense I probably wont have a chance to post tomorrow I'm having G&H Aromatic Flake that is scented with Figs, Vanilla and Rose-Geranium, in a carved meer prince as my Christmas Pipe.

Finished the rest of the Peterson Holiday Season 2010 in the Dr Grabow earlier.

Sitting down now and relaxing with some Dunhill Nightcap in a Peterson 'Old English' Lovat.

Aromatic English Christmas blend from the local shop in a Nording churchwarden billiard tonight. Still snowing very lightly, and cold. No tea for now - off to bed w/a book in a few.

GLP Westminster in an estate King Classic bent billiard. At least, it's stamped King Classic Handmade in Denmark... little viking hat on the stem.

Set the wayback machine:

1998 vintage McClelland Oriental Mixture No. 12 - "Rich and Full-Flavored, especially appealing in the evening; still, spiced gently enough with Latakia and Turkish leaf to be a superb occasional tobacco for the individual who normally prefers lighter mixtures and Matured Virginias."

Smoking in a very attractive Ardor Fantasy smooth flame-grain.

Top Bottom