What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

That was not an inexpensive pipe I'd bet, looks like you could light it once and smoke all day! Just a beautiful feel in the hand I'd bet as well.
Not terribly expensive, from Walt Cannoy's Cardinal House line. It's also a normal-sized bowl, and the pipe itself is actually quite small. It's a "pencil" stem, so the bowl looks a lot larger than it is. Here it is next to the 2022 LE, for perspective...

20221126_093518.jpg

20221126_093605.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not terribly expensive, from Walt Cannoy's Cardinal House line. It's also a normal-sized bowl, and the pipe itself is actually quite small. It's a "pencil" stem, so the bowl looks a lot larger than it is. Here it is next to the 2022 LE, for perspective...

View attachment 1562599

View attachment 1562597
Amazing. Perspective is everything! Both are beautiful in their own right!

An afternoon smoke of PS Luxury Navy Flake in my most English pipe (to me anyway), the Savinelli sandblast billiard from the '80s with the military mount and lightly arched P-lip stem. The leaf does give a bit of pepperiness (the perique?) at first. It's a slow-burner: After close to 35 minutes, when I tapped the pipe out, there was still some unburned leaf at the bottom. The LNF is a lively blend; I can feel my blood moving briskly in my veins!

I bought several of these EM tins to just put away for a few years, but true to the third-string halfback I played in high school, I promptly fumbled one and it hit the tile floor with respectable gravity behind it. I was afraid I might have compromised the vacuum seal, so I first thought to jar it and then I thought the heck with it--I'll just burn it. If I'm reading the tin date code correctly, it's already got a whopping seven weeks on it so I should be good to go.:wink2: A Savinelli straight Dublin.
IMG_0879.jpg

Kinda binge-smoked tonight (at least for me) while reading and sipping scotch to close out the Holiday weekend. But I don't have many pipes, so had a couple more late night smokes in a clay bowl with some Carolina cane I had cut years ago. Pretty nice! And one can really clench this one in the molars without worry about teeth marks 😆.
Happy First Sunday of Advent, y'all.
20221127_224920.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
A one pipe smoke this evening. I went way too long last night after the ball games. Country Squire Angry Cornishman in a '49 Dunhill Shell LB F/T. (picture courtesy of Anthony Cook, who restored this great old pipe)
proxy.php
Great pipe, sir!

Top Bottom