What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Haven't reached for English ina while. Medal Of Valor in an MM Country Gentleman.
20210608_162853.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
There was an English teacher that gave her young class an assignment to use the word “frugal” which meant to save in a paragraph. The next day she was reading their answers to the class. She came to Johnny’s paper and read it. It went: There once a brave knight coming through the wood and heard the faint cries from a lady trapped in a pit. The brave knight dismounted from his steed, jumped into the pit and frugaled her.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A good vaper blend. Is the new house breaking in nicely for you and Mrs. Clarkus? I'd mention the schnauzers, but they're pretty happy in general as long as they're with their people.
Beautiful situation here. Small town, small house, small yard and LOTS of places to fish. Settled in nicely next to the Blue Ridge. Schnauzers are settling in. It was pretty hard on Tucker (The Avatar) but Rascal was oblivious to the whole drill. Thanks for asking.

I've been at our new place in the Rio Grande Valley, Alamo, TX, for the last three weeks overseeing a new roof and interior painting projects, getting things squared away, installing new light fixtures, new smart thermostat (learned way more about heat pump systems than I wanted to know with that deal), smart irrigation timer, electronic deadbolt, internet set up, all that sort of stuff. I also checked out what seems to be one of the only tobacco shops in the area that is actually something more than a head shop. Casa Petrides Tobaccos is an old line cigar shop with a lounge and a few pipes and house tobacco blends that appear to be blended for specific customers but also on sale. The woman minding the shop had no clue about pipe tobacco. I bought a couple of ounces of Burley and Black just to be supportive. I've been smoking it out of a Charles Towne Cobbler as I've gone about my projects and driven back and forth to our daughter's place while the house was not habitable. It is a pretty good smoke, a light aromatic; probably a blend of Lane Limited stuff, nothing too complex. Smokes well in a very hot garage!

Seeing more of them this year than the last couple years. I like seeing their light show again 👍
Believe it or don't, but my brother and I used to see lightning bugs on summer nights in the French Quarter. They'd swoop around our patio. We'd trap one or two in a Tang jar with holes punched in the lid and watch them flicker on and off for an evening, then unscrew the jar and let them go.

Top Bottom