What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia and Orlando, Florida. Orlando was closest to your climate I guess. Hot, muggy and short “winters” and I didn’t mind it at all. My wife hated it. Now I’m in South Carolina jam up against the Blue Ridge mountains. I went to College at Clemson, about 25 miles from here but due to the proximity to the mountains, the weather will be a bit different. In any case, I’m surrounded by trout streams now and that is where I hope to find peace.
Being near mountains makes all the difference. I'm so sick of this floating prairie (where I grew up, and which I escaped briefly to CO, '97 to 2001) that I'm more than ready to flee.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Being near mountains makes all the difference. I'm so sick of this floating prairie (where I grew up, and which I escaped briefly to CO, '97 to 2001) that I'm more than ready to flee.
“Near” is the key word. I’ve never been a coastal person or a mountaineer and find this location to be Goldilocks. It is kind of like living in the 1950’s.

Another cool morning here, so after my workout and breakfast, I packed the straight apple pipe with a blend of EG Robinson and the Tinder Box VBL Cavendish. It yielded a cool 15-minute smoke with only 1 relight. The Cavendish, added to what's in the EGR, mellowed the whole thing and made the Latakia hard to detect. Which I'm not sure is a good idea. But I don't want to waste the old tobacco. Mixing it with other things will make for interesting experiments.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
1957 Dunhill and Cumberland 20th Anniversary

C6E33844-F332-46C9-9097-A9B7B9FC8CA7.jpeg

This afternoon after mowing the lawn for the first time this year and replacing a couple of winter damaged sprinkler heads I’m enjoying some 2018 Erinmore Flake in a LePeltier glazed double wall clay pipe. Next up will be a 50/50 blend of Anniversary Kake & Lane BCA in a E.Nording Freehand Signature.

Mid-day smokes on a beautiful day: C&D Sansepolcro in a Radice Rind Billiard, then G.L. Pease Spark Plug in a Savinelli Roma 320 KS. Coffee on the side and a book in my hands; an e-book anyway.

No time for a pipe this evening. And my new boss hits the office tomorrow, so my flex-time (coming in early and leaving early, thus allowing for a smoke before dinner) is probably going to cease for a while. There are still Saturday morning and evening for piping, and Sunday too.

A pleasant morning here in Geneva. I am working from my home office and breaking in my newly acquired Christmas 999 Peterson pipe, it is third time smoking just a third of a bowl. Then I will move on to the Bjarne.

378CD4E2-5A03-4ED1-AF5D-9EE55AD63B8B.jpeg

I just opened a tin of SG Golden Glow and was surprised not to find the legendary SG moistness level, it was actually close to the sweet spot. Nice, sweet tin aroma with a very tangy note.

Some Granger, again, in my thick-walled Lorenzo sitter pipe. Thirty minutes' steady sippin' and puffin' with only 1 relight. The thick walls of this pipe refuse to get hot, and despite its weight it's easy to clench in my teeth while I'm reading. No tongue bite or bitterness from the Granger, either. I admit I should have eaten some crackers or something before lighting up. I didn't get dizzy, just hungry!

Top Bottom