What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Peterson 15 in ebony and silver. Davidoff red blend. And a Guinness. Not a bad afternoon!

1980AD5E-BB5F-458B-AB78-C79FFC16D4D6.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
You need some help getting that tv mounted on the wall? No way you can recline in your lazy boy and still see it.
Funny you should mention that. My wife was on my butt about that very thing today. First need to find something to put it on then wait for my son to make the three hour trip to help me lift it. Fortunately there is a range nearby where he can fire his 45/70 so he will come. Of course he won’t be allowed here until he finishes making 300 .38 spl bullets for me. I tend to complicate things.

Funny you should mention that. My wife was on my butt about that very thing today. First need to find something to put it on then wait for my son to make the three hour trip to help me lift it. Fortunately there is a range nearby where he can fire his 45/70 so he will come. Of course he won’t be allowed here until he finishes making 300 .38 spl bullets for me. I tend to complicate things.
I wish I had someone making me 300 rounds. All my good reloading stuff is still in boxes. Stuck with a lee hand press till I get off my arse and make a reloading bench. It’s very time consuming compared to my progressive press; and wifey keeps me busy to boot.

Definitely itching for some boom stick time.

Funny you should mention that. My wife was on my butt about that very thing today. First need to find something to put it on then wait for my son to make the three hour trip to help me lift it. Fortunately there is a range nearby where he can fire his 45/70 so he will come. Of course he won’t be allowed here until he finishes making 300 .38 spl bullets for me. I tend to complicate

1st world problems brother. I walk out the door and shoot my 1895 Marlin. Tell your son to get you some rounds cooked and mount your TV. Someday he'll wish he still could...

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

Here I thought it was a 21st Century console.

Today, Edward G. Robinson blend in my sandblasted Savinelli near-straight billiard with the army mount and the P-Lip stem. I've refreshed and oiled the oxidized stem and polished up the metal collar with Flitz, so the pipe looks almost new (it's from the '80s). A 15-minute smoke before I had to run to the grocery, and a final 5 when I got back. When I tapped it out, I saw a very neat small dottle, so I think the 20 minutes total did well for the amount of tobacco.

Enjoying my first smoke of C&D The Beast in a Mahogany Calabash that my son gave me for Christmas. Then on to WC Quint’s Own in a Stanwell Brushed Brown Billiard. Note: the pic is from a month or so ago. The temp is a pleasant 64F today with too much breeze to make it perfect.
proxy.php

A quick pipe this afternoon as the air cools from a front: Half & Half in my "London Briar" from Italy, the small straight with the forward-canted bowl. It seems to be about halfway between billiard and pot, and the H & H burns well in it. Just 15 minutes' smoke though, as rain chased me back inside.

What I intended to be a quick after-dinner smoke turned into nearly 30 minutes of tongue bite-free smoking. What did I do? I mixed the Half & Half with the Sutliff Match Field & Stream, that's what. Smoked in my Jansen's small bent billiard (probably a GBD or Comoy) with the relatively thick walls, the combo provided a good 20 minutes, and then with a relight almost another 10. This may be the way to handle H & H until I can learn how to sip it!

A pleasant 15-minute smoke of Carter Hall in the Stanwell billiard. I packed the pipe last night, an entire bowl, but only smoked half; I'll finish it perhaps later tonight. The air is cool, extremely rare for this time of year, and the sun is out. It was nice to sit on my step for one of the last times before Christmas, smoking and NOT feeling as if I'm going to melt into a puddle of grease.

Top Bottom