What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Morgan Bones Rhodesian with some Peterson 965 and then in the Italian Zulu some Carter Hall.

20201203_185732_HDR.jpg
20201203_171209_HDR.jpg

Up this evening: WC Old Black Magic in a Jobey Shellmoor 735 Canadian. I think this is my first smoke of the OBM.
SG Kendal Plug in a Radice Rind Billiard w/faux bamboo shank, one of my favorite pipes to smoke with Va blends. Haunted Bookshp in the Matches 860 Friday Savinelli, just because it's Friday.

Did you detect any menthol in it or is it just me?
None. I read your review on tobacco reviews and thought it was odd you tasted kools...maybe they accidentally sent you the wrong thing?

It’s an amazing smoke. I think jiminks’ review was pretty much spot on. Smells like it’s got booze, but it appears to just be the type of perique, or the way it all just marries together. Interested in pressing a few ounces to see what kind of changes it might develop vs the shag cut.

I smoked it in my closed garage and it stuck to my clothing in a wonderful way. Kinda made my head spin a bit too.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
None. I read your review on tobacco reviews and thought it was odd you tasted kools...maybe they accidentally sent you the wrong thing?

It’s an amazing smoke. I think jiminks’ review was pretty much spot on. Smells like it’s got booze, but it appears to just be the type of perique, or the way it all just marries together. Interested in pressing a few ounces to see what kind of changes it might develop vs the shag cut.

I smoked it in my closed garage and it stuck to my clothing in a wonderful way. Kinda made my head spin a bit too.
I’ll have to try it again. My taste may have been off. Perhaps didn’t to think to have as my first of the day smoke. Something that I’ve recently gotten deeply into is Sutliff Revelation Match. It is burley based with some VA and a touch of Latakia and Perique and extremely well blended. It is a very full and rich blend with a creamy aftertaste and a bit of sweetness - molasses perhaps and not sugary and no bite. If you try it, you may want to get a couple of ounces to really get into it. I had one ounce and now a pound.

I’ll have to try it again. My taste may have been off. Perhaps didn’t to think to have as my first of the day smoke. Something that I’ve recently gotten deeply into is Sutliff Revelation Match. It is burley based with some VA and a touch of Latakia and Perique and extremely well blended. It is a very full and rich blend with a creamy aftertaste and a bit of sweetness - molasses perhaps and not sugary and no bite. If you try it, you may want to get a couple of ounces to really get into it. I had one ounce and now a pound.

Done. Added 4 oz to cart at pipes & cigars. I also went ahead and put a lb of country dr in my cart as well. When it comes in I’ll send you some.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Done. Added 4 oz to cart at pipes & cigars. I also went ahead and put a lb of country dr in my cart as well. When it comes in I’ll send you some.
Excellent. Please let me know what you think of the Revelation. I will give the Country Doctor another try tomorrow to see if my mouth just wasn’t working. I’m really into these old American blends. I’m enjoying them more than anything I’ve smoked before. Perhaps it is that I’m old enough now 😂.

Excellent. Please let me know what you think of the Revelation. I will give the Country Doctor another try tomorrow to see if my mouth just wasn’t working. I’m really into these old American blends. I’m enjoying them more than anything I’ve smoked before. Perhaps it is that I’m old enough now 😂.
Right on. Glad you saved it. If it’s still got that menthol taste, I’d say they sent you the wrong stuff. Good luck.

Top Bottom