What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Sometimes, I'll take an umbrella outside with me to shield myself and my pipe or cigar from any unpleasant breeze. As long as the winds aren't constantly shifting, it usually helps to make windy weather manageable.
That's not a bad idea actually, thanks.

brandaves

Revelation Match in my freshly repaired IMP Meerschaum. The draw is better, but still on the fence with it...
20201008_161710.jpg

brandaves

Can you compare QN to Nightcap?
Thanks
The Perique in Quiet Nights is much more understated and in the background. Adding a light spice to the blend. In Nightcap the Perique is more forward and easily detected for me. The spice is there but I also get some of it's musty and bitter aspects. If you are looking for more Perique flavor go for the Nightcap, if you just want it as an intriguing background player then try the Quiet Nights.

That's my take on the two anyway, others may feel differently about them.

Thanks. I have not had much luck with GLP blends. I am enjoying Engine #99 which is in the same family.
The Perique in Quiet Nights is much more understated and in the background. Adding a light spice to the blend. In Nightcap the Perique is more forward and easily detected for me. The spice is there but I also get some of it's musty and bitter aspects. If you are looking for more Perique flavor go for the Nightcap, if you just want it as an intriguing background player then try the Quiet Nights.

That's my take on the two anyway, others may feel differently about them.

brandaves

Thanks. I have not had much luck with GLP blends. I am enjoying Engine #99 which is in the same family.
GLP English Blends are delicious in my experience. I love Quiet Nights and Maltese Falcon and would recommend them to anyone looking to explore a bit. He offers a nice change of pace from C&D burley forward tobacco blends.

I do not find 99 to be Burley forward. Maybe that’s why I like it. I did try MF back in the day and it was OK. I loved Ravens Wing and was sad when the Syrian Latakia went up in smoke. (Pun intended)
GLP English Blends are delicious in my experience. I love Quiet Nights and Maltese Falcon and would recommend them to anyone looking to explore a bit. He offers a nice change of pace from C&D burley forward tobacco blends.

brandaves

Brandaves, you're really hitting that IMP hard lately. I guess the draw problems have been fixed?
It still doesn't smoke wide opened the way I'd like but the smokes aren't a struggle like they were. I've been jump starting the coloring process with it.

Top Bottom