What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

It's cold, damp and rainy. English Blend in the rusticated Brigham.
IMG_20201004_110159803.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Hey there, fellas. Got a brief opportunity to check in.

Bandwidth limitations dictate no pic, but I'm topside with my trusty 2012 Tinsky Christmas pipe loaded with FVF.

Hope you all are doing well. Cheers!

Good to hear from you buddy (and congrats by the way). Hope you have an uneventful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear from you Price!
As for me, no smoking the last week nor foreseeable future. I was in the N.M. Mountains last week @ 9000 ft. Thought I had altitude sickness, home is 3100ft. By Wednesday, smoking wasn’t doing much for me, I think I quit that eve, but don’t clearly remember.
Long and short of it, I got home Friday evening, pretty much a wreck. Monday morning, my wife and I both tested positive for COVID. This after we’ve been very careful, limiting exposure, wearing masks, etc.
The good news is that while we are both symptomatic, it could be much worse. Our Doc is on top of it, we are quarantining at home, taking meds, drinking lots of fluids (not Laphroiag), and trying to balance getting a little work done without falling over. But no smoking; it doesn’t even sound good.
Bottom line, this is really weird stuff, it messes with your mind as well as your body. It is not to be trifled with; anyone who claims differently is at best incredibly ill informed and at worst a lying fool.
You know the worst part? Besides the obvious COVID possibilities? I’m missing the best smoking weather of the year, now that is a bummer. I’ll keep you all posted. No need for responses BTW, I trust you all wish us the best!
Here is the pipe I wish I felt like smoking.

Attachments

• 9AF5BC7F-C5FE-4372-87E9-318146025B3D.jpeg
    9AF5BC7F-C5FE-4372-87E9-318146025B3D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Burley Flake #1 in the Falcon Hunter...frustrating smoke as the wind is gusting here. I ought to have just gone to the shop as the breeze smoked most of the bowl for me 🙄
View attachment 1165378

Sometimes, I'll take an umbrella outside with me to shield myself and my pipe or cigar from any unpleasant breeze. As long as the winds aren't constantly shifting, it usually helps to make windy weather manageable.

Top Bottom