What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
That PS cube burley is good stuff. Other than having to dry it out (or you'll never get it lit) and having to figure out how to pack it. Get past those little hurdles and it's pretty good.
I look forward to the challenges. Actually, I can’t believe it has evaded me all this time. Pipe tobacco is like breakfast cereal. There are just so many.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Sticking with the Royal Jersey Cavendish and Virginia here, either in the Mizzou or Ozark Cherrywood. My only gripe with it, is that sometimes a smoke seems to be over too quick, but that's the nature of the finer ribbon cuts. It does seem to smoke better in those smaller bowls though.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Got too drunk last night (a rarety for me) and my wife woke me this morning. I didn't remember going to bed (not a good sign). We had the neighbors over and I immediately ask if I had embarrassed myself, she surprisingly says no whew! Then as I lay there I say, "darn, I laid out some tobacco last night I'm sure it's crispy to the point of dust." My wife says, "doubt it. You packed a bowl and left a partially smoked pipe on the porch when you went to bed." I have no recollection of either packing or smoking a pipe last evening and yet here I am smoking the remainder of a bowl of HH Burley Flake. I only had 3 rum and Cokes...Anyway, the smoke is darn good for sitting on the porch all night!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
An old meerschaum and Ropers Roundels.

1594150062862.png

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Got too drunk last night (a rarety for me) and my wife woke me this morning. I didn't remember going to bed (not a good sign). We had the neighbors over and I immediately ask if I had embarrassed myself, she surprisingly says no whew! Then as I lay there I say, "darn, I laid out some tobacco last night I'm sure it's crispy to the point of dust." My wife says, "doubt it. You packed a bowl and left a partially smoked pipe on the porch when you went to bed." I have no recollection of either packing or smoking a pipe last evening and yet here I am smoking the remainder of a bowl of HH Burley Flake. I only had 3 rum and Cokes...Anyway, the smoke is darn good for sitting on the porch all night!
You naughty sailors. All that grog you swill and the language you use 😂. If it makes you feel better, I’ve never been knee walking commode hugging drunk that I haven’t embarrassed myself and all that knew me. I have saintly ways now.

That sugar will get to you every time. 🍸Martinis are my poison.

2 coins of PS LBF. Finally cooled off enough to come outside, but still too humid for anything heavy. Enjoyed in my H.I.S quarter bent billiard. Because even a cob needs a rest every once in a while.

I'm headed to the patio to sit in the shade and do some sermonizing. The final draft is usually a three pipe affair. Up this afternoon/evening are: MacBaren H&H Latakia Flake in the PSF 2017 POY, a Savinelli 802 Canadian. Watch City Flake #558 in the PSD 2020 POY, a Radice Oil Cured, Twin Bore Rusticated Bent Apple, a really nice smoking pipe.
proxy.php

Up third is Sutliff Match 20 in a GBD Pedigree bent billiard 5071.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'm headed to the patio to sit in the shade and do some sermonizing. The final draft is usually a three pipe affair. Up this afternoon/evening are: MacBaren H&H Latakia Flake in the PSF 2017 POY, a Savinelli 802 Canadian. Watch City Flake #558 in the PSD 2020 POY, a Radice Oil Cured, Twin Bore Rusticated Bent Apple, a really nice smoking pipe.
proxy.php

Is the twin bore noticably different smoking?

Is the twin bore noticably different smoking?
I pretty much only smoke Va variants in this pipe and it is my best Va smoker. I tend to get tongue bite if I over smoke Va’s, this pipe solves that problem. It is a very smooth smoking pipe. I’ve heard people talk about pipes that nearly smoke themselves, this is one of those.
Having said that, is it wildly different? Not really. I will say that the Radice’s make some really fine pipes; this is my third.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
proxy.php

I really like that Radice, Kelly. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom