What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Glad you're enjoying it. ABF is easily my favorite burley at the moment.
I had some Haunted Bookshop today and it didn’t light my fire. I’m going to have some OJK tomorrow. I kind of liked it. I have an ounce each of the OJK brown and blue to compare yet. I’ll smoke one for a while then the other. It’s hard to tell smoking different tobaccos back to back. I’ve had to quit smoking my two favorites, H & H and Victoria on the same day otherwise neither are enjoyable. The Velvet should arrive tomorrow and I’m looking forward to a 100 year old blend.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Rather nice basket pipe I picked up a few years ago but never got around to breaking in. It is coming along nicely now. Just finished a couple of bowls of Match Walnut, an American English blend consisting of Burley, Cavendish, Kentucky, Latakia, Maryland, Turkish/Oriental and Virginia. Of the three, Walnut, Revelation and Epiphany, I prefer the Walnut
2F9B0059-6035-4DF8-AC30-12EEA8105C83.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I found a pouch of Captain Black White in a drawer when I was packing up my desk. Must be at least five years old and I had never opened it so I started my day with it expecting the worst. Actually, I found it a quite pleasant full tasting smoke with very little nicotine. I don’t dislike it in the least but it really has no taste of tobacco. Very simple blend with a Vanillish flavor but that is about it. Would I buy it again? Probably not but I’ll try to finish the pouch. I do believe I would be allowed to smoke it in the house once resettled. On a surprising note, I was smoking Match Walmut on the patio yesterday when some smoke wafted into the house and my wife asked what I was smoking and said that it smelled wonderfully. Is it possible I have a rare wife who actually likes the scent of Latakia? Really strange. Midday I has some Escudo and, of course, finished the day with my beloved Half and Half.