Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Discussion in 'The Brown Leaf' started by jwhite, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Mike H

Mike H Moderator Emeritus

Nice pipe KW.
    Today I grabbed one of my early pipes. 1995 Stanwell Freehand #63 Antique loaded with Salty Dogs (thanks again Kent).
    [​IMG]

2. Some Luxury Twist Flake with a coffee on the deck after the rain. 6D92D58B-D7D0-4CF1-BEA6-7630B05D7157.jpeg

3. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

Asked wife what she wanted for mother’s day. She asked about budget, and I said I would leave that up to her. Casually brought up a father’s day present being a pipe. She said I have enough. This is going to take a little work.

4. Alacrity59

Alacrity59 Moderator Emeritus

I really thought this pipe was dead. Seems the wood had a fault so there was a bit of burning off of chunks inside the bowl. They made for a tasty smoke I really didn't realize was happening at the time. It is still one of my favourites. Tonight a bit of Haunted Bookshop.

Angel Haunted.jpg

5. Kentos

Kentos Moderator Emeritus

Aye. That will take the wind out of your sails a bit.

6. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

She’ll come around. She can’t resist my charm. :)

7. Haunted bookshop in my dagner cob.

Missouri meerschaum is a great company with great service. When I received the poker cob I noticed the stem was very tight to the shank. So tight I could barely move it. I thought I was going to have to use some pliers the first time lol. Once I got it out I used some sandpaper to slightly open the shank to make it easier to use.

Despite my fix after 3 or 4 bowls I noticed 3 cracks in the wood running lengthwise on the shank. I messaged MM the other day in regards to the issues. Got a reply yesterday. They apologized for the issue and are sending another pipe! Also gave some suggestions of how to fix the cracked one so it can still be used lol. Truly excellent service.

8. Alacrity59

Alacrity59 Moderator Emeritus

Mississippi River. Angel Mississippi River.jpg

9. No bite delight in a Pete
    20190511_164517.jpg

10. Wessex Gold Va Flake in my Ilsted inspired bulldog by Winslow.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Price

Price Moderator Emeritus

Dang that's nice.

12. Thanks amigo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Price

Price Moderator Emeritus

I just realized that we're almost halfway through Morta May, and I haven't smoked a single bowl in a morta yet. So, starting off with my first ever commission, a Mark Tinsky from 2013. HOTW gets the call...

20190511_192204.jpg

14. Good looking smoker!

15. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

I, too, must remedy that situation.

16. Mike H

Pembroke in my Short Morta

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

How are you liking it, Mike? Think I am going to bust mine out today and join the Morta club.

18. Mike H

Excellent smoke. Very comfortable in the hand and easy to clench. Latakia on the other hand is still a hurdle.

19. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

I didn’t notice before, but I like how all those lines on the stem converge on the center near the end.