What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Nightcap in a Perspex stemmed junk pipe. Isn’t it so that sometimes the best pipes are the one’s that have no markings but deliver the goods? This is a desert island pipe, not because it is the best pipe I have but because it is so ugly, it is a beauty. Waxing poetic this brisk morning.

I have a "Maxman" that came in an ebay lot of junk pipes that I restored. Smokes like a charm. One of my favorites and I have some pretty sweet pipes.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Kendal Plug in a 320

Mike H

Instagram Famous
ODF in an Alam pipe. I debated for several months on wether to smoke this pipe or leave it as is. Decided that smoking is what it was made for and I am going to use it as a functional work of art. Smokes very well btw.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
ODF in an Alam pipe. I debated for several months on wether to smoke this pipe or leave it as is. Decided that smoking is what it was made for and I am going to use it as a functional work of art. Smokes very well btw.

proxy.php

Ah, the first smoke must be the sweetest.

proxy.php
I have resisted the siren call specifically because i do not think i could bring myself to light a fire in it.

But damn they are beautiful.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

proxy.php

Mike could you carve a cob? Could you build up plaster around a cob and carve it?

Some antique Club Blend in a Ranz Anse, enjoying a beer after work in the yard. Cut the hell out of an evil rose bush, as I think we have had the last hard freeze earlier this week. 71 degrees today, and beautiful.

9DB236FF-4DF0-46E2-8291-8266F685883F.jpeg

I have a "Maxman" that came in an ebay lot of junk pipes that I restored. Smokes like a charm. One of my favorites and I have some pretty sweet pipes.

I got a lot of pipes that included several old “loose” GBD’s, tightened them up with some bees wax on the tenon, cleaned them gently, polished and waxed them, and they live again. Great smokers, historic age, and deserving of respect to the gentlemen long dead who thought quiet but great thoughts and gifted me great smoke a half century or more later. Can’t say any more.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Can you compare it to anything? I have yet to crack a tin myself.

Oh man... that might be hard for me to do. I recieved a generous sample from @Shave_Rat a year ago yesterday and tried it once, then put it in my sample jar until my recent post. I've primarily been smoking cigars for the past year, so I'm just now coming back into discerning pipe flavors and quantities.

It was decently rich, but round. Very smooth. When I started the pipe, I thought that it might have been topped with something, but it might have just been my tastebuds. I had it with a dram or two of Jim Beam as well.

Top Bottom