What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Some 15 year old Orlik Dark Kentucky in my Ryan Alden morta apple.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pipe just oozes good smoker. Pretty as well

Last night was above freezing, so I sat on the back patio and smoked a bowl of my English leftovers in a large meerschaum billiard.

The tobacco is what's left after I jarred the bulk blends (Nightcap, Star of the East) along with a couple of tinned blends (Davidoff Royalty and a small amount of Pirate Kake). The result is decent: full-flavored with some strength to back it up, good for cooler weather. I will say, though, the sum of the parts is somewhat less than the parts themselves, and I look forward to finishing the leftovers so I can turn my attention to Nightcap and Star of the East.

The lighter I used is a fantastic piece of equipment that I highly recommend: IM Corona Pipe Master.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Is that a custom bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it’s a modern made replacement. Kirsten sells every part of the pipe separately so you can buy a clunker on the bay and fix it up, as long as it’s the more recent version with o-rings.

Checking out the CD Small batch Red Flake in an Ascorti Special Edition 2016 Christmas pipe. This blend to me is reminiscent of Gl Pease union square in some ways. I find it a bit sweeter and certainly more delicate as I figure some age has taken out all the harshy bits of the tobacco. Good taste and quite easy to smoke straight from the tin with minimal if no drying time required. I cannon balled this one into the pipe and made the evening out of it. Smooth pleasant sweet Virginia smoke to be savored slowly for sure. I hope I can save a tin for some further maturation but I can only hope because it taste pretty damn good now.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just lit up my new rinaldo with some of my mixture i have been smoking.
So far wonderful
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom