What's new

Pipe goals for 2022

Perhaps not so much goals as they are things I'd like to be more intentional about.

IRT tobacco purchases, my hope is to continue to purchase tobaccos that will cellar well. My frequency in smoking a pipe is not a daily occurrence nor a weekly one. It is roughly a bi-monthly enjoyment, a time for me to sit outside and ponder/reflect/praise/think on the blessings I have. So the intention is to continue through the aromatics that I have and get more of the blends that will age and supplement as needed. At the pace I'm going, I believe that I could have enough to last me 5+yrs without issue. Ideally, having some for a 10yr mark would be nice.

With what I had mentioned above, my hope is to enjoy a smoke with friends nearby. When I first retired from the Navy and moved to Oklahoma in 2019, I didn't know really anyone in this area. By the time 2020 rolled around, I knew folks but had to be "distanced" and such b/c of a "pandemic". With things seemingly opening up and hopefully winding down (I hope for 2022), I'd really like to enjoy a smoke with the friends I've made here to ponder/reflect/praise/think on the blessings we have in common together. I've enjoyed the BL herfs we've had here (many thanks Micah) and I hope to carry that over into this year, just locally in person as well. I do have a really nice view off my front porch if anyone is inclined to come to Norman ;).

As far as pipes are concerned, I have quite a few cobs and unless there's one that is a "must have", I'll probably not get anymore. I do have a large project planned over the coming months that I hope to share more on soon. Just waiting for things to align as needed. But I do hope to get this year's BL LE pipe when it's announced.

Cigars are simple, just get more. :c9::pipe:

I try to stay out of Norman since I bleed orange... But could make an exception one day :)

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Goals for 2022? all the pipes. I want ALL the pipes. Cruising the interwebs and making lists!

Oh, this is great! @Donnie Brasco When you first posted, I thought, "Oh boy. Save money. Get advice on B&B."

I thought I had gone cold turkey on razor and soap AD for a few years. Last year, after being on the wagon for about five years? This was me.

proxy.php

Not much different with pipes now. We're doomed, my friend. Doomed.

@JCinPA seriously. For me it was tattoos, then shaving gear, then mountain biking, then powerlifting, (then I discovered Huckberry!) but yeah, I'm definitely gonna walk away from here with just a "few" pipes (and just a few tins of Escudo cellared away)

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I try to stay out of Norman since I bleed orange... But could make an exception one day :)

Anytime! The front porch is always open! FWIW, I may live in Norman but my heart is still in the northeast......Penn St kid growing up in central PA!

Since I smoked only about a half a dozen bowls in 2021, my goal will be to quit buying cigars again and focus on smoking my pipes more. I'm pretty sure I planned on doing so a couple years ago, but refining my pipe collection down to a couple dozen might be a good goal for this year as well.
You'll certainly save money switching from cigars to pipes. Much like switching to wet shaving saved you money from cartridges!

Top Bottom