What's new

Pink razor

I use scrubbing bubbles and maas for cleaning, barbacide for the disinfectant.....never had a problem.....I am 100% against boiling a razor.

BTW...I think it looks cool!

Just an FYI, I asked my doc once about barbacide....he said it kills everything from the common cold to AIDS....in other words, a dip in barbacide gives you a sterile razor, no need for boiling.

I use scrubbing bubbles and maas for cleaning, barbacide for the disinfectant.....never had a problem.....I am 100% against boiling a razor.

BTW...I think it looks cool!

Just an FYI, I asked my doc once about barbacide....he said it kills everything from the common cold to AIDS....in other words, a dip in barbacide gives you a sterile razor, no need for boiling.

Boilings all right. Just don't boil in vinegar, and don't boil gold, or plastic razors. And then boil only for 5-10 minutes. I've noticed guy's on here go overboard with the sanitizing part. I used to boil razors but now all I do is use a disinfectant on them with a tooth brush, and then a ten minute dip in the Hydrocide, followed by a hot water rinse and then laying them out to dry. Odds are that anything that was alive and deadly on the razor has been dead for a long time. No sense in going overkill with cleaning.

Clayton

use it to snag a lady! they love pink:w00t:

Here it is in all it's girly glory! I placed a late 40s SS by it for comparision.
Yup it's ruined. Super super girly. Probably full of girl cooties too. Shaving with it will have you hair in bows in no time. There is only one solution: give it to me:biggrin1:
You see,what you have there is the rare Flare-tip Lady Gillette in pink, you now need light and dark blue and champagne to complete the set.
Okay the though of that being true actually got me all excited!

A hot vinegar pickle bath is used for sterling silver to remove soldering scale and to remove copper brought to the surface by the heat of the torch.

Unfortunately, the nickle plate reacts differently.

As a side note, iron or steel added to used pickle bath will create a plating reaction.

I use Flitz and Autosol regularly to polish.
Of the two, I prefrer Autosol.
If the plating is indeed gone, then you're in for a replate.
Don't bother trying it yourself, too much to invest.
Lots of people offer the service.

Top Bottom