What's new

Pink. It’s my favorite color

Just kidding. Pink is not my favorite color. But it’s a decent Aerosmith song.

Trying to nail down my signature handle shape. I think this is pretty close to what’s floating around in my head.

Opinions welcome

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just kidding. Pink is not my favorite color. But it’s a decent Aerosmith song.

Trying to nail down my signature handle shape. I think this is pretty close to what’s floating around in my head.

Opinions welcome

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Amazing. That shape is perfect. The deep indent will allow a death grip on the brush. That is a great signature shape. I love the colors.

Wow!! That is vibrant. I actually really like the color contrast between the very bright pink and the very crisp black. I agree with you in that pink isn't my favorite but it really works on that brush.
The shape looks great. And as always a fantastic fit and finish on all your brushes. It is clear that you pay a lot of attention to the even the small details. I really like how you round over the rim of the knot cup. And you obviously pay a great deal of attention to sanding everything very well without losing the shape in the process. This one looks like it stands on its own quite well. I know you said one of the recent ones didn't. Many times I actually put a slight concave to the end of a brush to be sure it stands well.
I really like the satin finishes you are achieving and am actually curious what your finishing process and product is. However I completely understand if you'd rather not say.
Either way keep up the great work. Hopefully I can get some turning in soon, my wife has had a plethora of projects piling up for me to take care of. That and I've been helping a few friends with there projects.

Wow!! That is vibrant. I actually really like the color contrast between the very bright pink and the very crisp black. I agree with you in that pink isn't my favorite but it really works on that brush.
The shape looks great. And as always a fantastic fit and finish on all your brushes. It is clear that you pay a lot of attention to the even the small details. I really like how you round over the rim of the knot cup. And you obviously pay a great deal of attention to sanding everything very well without losing the shape in the process. This one looks like it stands on its own quite well. I know you said one of the recent ones didn't. Many times I actually put a slight concave to the end of a brush to be sure it stands well.
I really like the satin finishes you are achieving and am actually curious what your finishing process and product is. However I completely understand if you'd rather not say.
Either way keep up the great work. Hopefully I can get some turning in soon, my wife has had a plethora of projects piling up for me to take care of. That and I've been helping a few friends with there projects.

After turning, I sand a ton... 150, 220, 320, 400, steel wool

I recently stopped using Starbond CA and started using Bob Smith super thin. I think it’s a better product.

I do several coats of CA. Then I steel wool each coat. I also use micro mesh polishing pads.

honestly the sanding and polishing process is 10 times longer than the turning!

All in all, it’s a big chunk of time for each handle, but I enjoy the challenge and the end product

Last edited:
After turning, I sand a ton... 150, 220, 320, 400, steel wool

I recently stopped using Starbond CA and started using Bob Smith super thin. I think it’s a better product.

I do several coats of CA. Then I steel wool each coat. I also use micro mesh polishing pads.

honestly the sanding and polishing process is 10 times longer than the turning!

All in all, it’s a big chunk of time for each handle, but I enjoy the challenge and the end product

I will have to check out the Bob Smith super thin.
Your finish looks stellar.

Is the Bob Smith super thin the "Insta cure" formula or is there another that I'm not seeing? Really fast cure might be nice. The stuff I have takes a long time between layers and I haven't had good luck using the accelerator. It ends up cloudy a lot of times.
BTW I'm looking forward to seeing what's next off the lathe.

Is the Bob Smith super thin the "Insta cure" formula or is there another that I'm not seeing? Really fast cure might be nice. The stuff I have takes a long time between layers and I haven't had good luck using the accelerator. It ends up cloudy a lot of times.
BTW I'm looking forward to seeing what's next off the lathe.

Yes, its the "Super-Thin Insta-Cure". It dries faster than Starbond CA.

Great stuff!

Top Bottom