What's new

'Pink After Shave' by D.R.Harris

I should like to put in a word for this aftershave. This is all I use after a splash with cold water. It is a bit expensive, but as you hardly need to use any, a single bottle will last a very long time. It has a low alcohol content, and I find it neither too drying nor too moisturising. It has a very mild rose smell.

The ingredients are listed as: 'Aqua, Ethanol 16.89% v/v, Glycerin, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Bromide, Methyl Para Hydroxybenzoate, Fragrance (natural), Colouring'

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
D. R. Harris is one of the best friends of the shaving community. They offer some of the most sought after products on the market, with top notch soaps, creams, aftershaves, and colognes.

Their Pink has a fantastic scent- fresh, clean, and invigorating. Performacewise, however, I find it to be only average. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's no better than the QED hydrosols that go for a small fraction of the price. I find I prefer the feel, if not the scent, of QED's rose, DaVinci, or lemon toners.

At roughly $30+, I think you're money is better spent on Harris's Milk or sandalwood a/s's.

Try the Pink AS milk it is awesome as well, Ouch said it right theirs are some of my favorite products.

Christoph,

That is indeed a Royal Warrant. It must be an old label as it is the warrant granted by Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. Her Majesty is sadly no longer with us, but I believe Harris's were granted a warrant by the Prince of Wales a few years ago.

I got my bottle from Harris's site www.drharris.co.uk. I am English so the postage was not too burdensome. You might also like to look at the sites of the other two of the English triumvirate, as they are full of temptations: www.trumpers.com & www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk

ouch

Try the Pink AS milk it is awesome as well, Ouch said it right theirs are some of my favorite products.

I'm not sure about that- haven't heard of nor seen a "pink a/s milk". Their a/s milk is superb (nb: read articles regarding the reformulation) and comes in an Arlington flavor. Their sandalwood a/s splash is one of my two or three favorite aftershaves.

ouch

I see what you mean now. That's just the basic, run of the mill a/s milk.:lol:

Outstanding product!

Scarlatti-

I believe that a company can continue to use a Royal Warrant for five years after the death of the Royal family member who gave the warrant. So this could still be a newly made product. While ultimately meaningless, royal warrants do look attractive on the bottle of container, and they also impart kind of a fairy tale quality to the product. But thet they also tend to be given only to items of quality. So you know when you see one that you're probably getting something pretty good.

Yes remember however that the warrant is awarded to the company, not an individual product.

It's highly unlikely that the Queen Mother used an aftershave splash.
Take Floris. They are:

By Appointment To Her Majesty The Queen, Perfumers

Yet are also:

By Appointment To H.R.H The Prince of Wales, Manufacturers of Toilet Preparations.

FYI: D.R. Harris also hold the warrant to the Prince of Wales as 'Chemists'

hello all.....

first i like to say this is kick *** site with very very helpful people...thank you:thumbup1:

i just want some advice on whati should apply after my shave.....i currently use Geo F Trumper's Skin food after i have shaved. although its a very nice product i find it lacks a scent....i have read a few thing on this site and everyone has their own fav stuff....my question is....is it ok to apply an aftershave after i have applied the skin food by Geo F Trumper?

Uz

hello all.....

first i like to say this is kick *** site with very very helpful people...thank you:thumbup1:

i just want some advice on whati should apply after my shave.....i currently use Geo F Trumper's Skin food after i have shaved. although its a very nice product i find it lacks a scent....i have read a few thing on this site and everyone has their own fav stuff....my question is....is it ok to apply an aftershave after i have applied the skin food by Geo F Trumper?

Uz

Welcome! Experiment and see what works best for you.

Welcome Uz!

In my experience skin food is ideally used as a last step as it seals the skin. As someone here has said, it 'locks in' all the goodness of other preperations one applies beforehand. I even find that the scent of my aftershave comes back throughout the day after having used SF. So my advice would be: AS first, then the skin food. Applying an alcohol-based AS first is also very good to deal with razor burn.

thank you i shall try your suggestions....though i have got myself a DE today will giving a try over coming weeks to see improvments i can make with razorburns.

Top Bottom