What's new

Pinaud smells like a baby's butt

You might try Stetson Cooling Moisture. It's a low alcohol formulation, but has menthol (or something like menthol) added. It's a comfortable AS and has a nice cooling effect. The scent is the same as the cologne, if you've tried that before. It does't last long, but then neither does most aftershaves. I found it at a local Walmart.

B&B reviews for it:

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=203763

Last edited:
First post: Troll, maybe?
Maybe not. Head to your local drugstore or dollar store for plenty of inexpensive aftershaves to try.

You just learned the first rule of B&B, YMMV :lol:. Sorry you didn't like it, I have had a love affair with it since my first trip to the barber when I was 5.

I didn't like it at first either, smelled way too powdery to me so I put it away thinking I would give it away to someone who liked it. I pulled it out last week to give it one more try to make sure and used less and now I really like it. For me, it doesn't do well on a heavy application.

Any suggestion for a nice after shave that doesn't cost too much?

Go to a local Dollar General store and pick up a bottle of Barbasol Pacific Rush and/or Brisk, depending on your scent preference. It runs about $1.75 per bottle and has a mammoth mule kick of menthol and will definitely cool you off, in my opinion it can't be beat for the price, some find it a bit drying though. Aqua Velva is also a great AS, less menthol kick than Barbasol but it has glycerin for a little bit of moisturizing.

As it happens, I received a small bottle of the "classic" in the mail just earlier today, along with a brush I'd ordered. It's something I imagine an old guy who spends to much time at the racetrack would find suitable.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
What exactly have you been feeding your baby? :lol:

Many of the classic scents aren't to the liking of a few of the younger crowd. Fragrance is a YMMV thing.
There's always Axe. :w00t:

Seriously, there are a lot of different "drug store" aftershave that aren't expensive, and you might find one of those more to your liking.

Last edited:
Clubman works very well. I could not tolerate the scent after a while. Something smelled "too chemically" for me. (Yes, I said "chemically".) I gifted the remaining bottle to my father in law.

Sorry, but I'd pinaud original is burning tha bad, ur using way to much pressure or your angle is off. Pinaud is one of the tamest of the alcohol based AS, IMO. I could t imagine what some AV musk would feel like to u. Lol

I disagree.

While Clubman is not the "most burny" of my collection from the Royal Order of Pinaud, every single one of them burn, even on areas where I have not shaved or heavily exfoliated.
I shave my head, and apply my AS to my face and head.

The stuff burns any place it touches... forehead, nose, etc...

But I likes it!
VIBR and the Beg are the "hottest", Special Reserve and Clubman are next in line.
FAR below is Floid Blue, The Captain's Bay Rum, and no burn at all is Ogallala.

You might try Stetson Cooling Moisture. It's a low alcohol formulation, but has menthol (or something like menthol) added. It's a comfortable AS and has a nice cooling effect. The scent is the same as the cologne, if you've tried that before. It does't last long, but then neither does most aftershaves. I found it at a local Walmart.

B&B reviews for it:

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=203763

I didn't know that they still made this ... I thought it was discontinued

Another option would be to forget about splashes and go for a balm or a milk.

Check out Queen Charlotte Soaps aftershave balm. Light, lots of different scents, soothing and just all-around great.

not all after shave lotions have the cooling effect you are thinking of, if you don't line clubman and want that cooling feeling then try Aqua Velva, or any of the Floid products, you can also try Alt Innsbruckk, Proraso to name a few, these all have menthol added and smell very different from clubman. i also did not like the smell when i first tried it but as others have said it grew on me and i agree with you it (as was once quoted on this site) it burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

regards
bob

I am sorry sir I love Pinaud Clubman. But until you technique improves try something without alcohol. Perhaps Proraso aftershave balm. Good luck and welcome to B&B.

Clubman is the best stuff ever. I just bought their vegetal, bay rum, lime, musk and special reserve. cheap and manly smelling. stays around a while too.

Top Bottom