What's new

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Sammy, is that VIBR bottle an old Lilac Vegetal bottle with the label changed? Did they ever have VIBR in glass?

Yes, I suspect that the bottle is an old Lilac Vegetal, but there was no label on it when I got it. I just put on the label from my 12 oz. plastic bottle. I don't know if they ever made VIBR in glass.

-- Sammy

Yes, I suspect that the bottle is an old Lilac Vegetal, but there was no label on it when I got it. I just put on the label from my 12 oz. plastic bottle. I don't know if they ever made VIBR in glass.

-- Sammy
That was quite ingenious of you regarding the label! I had never even thought about whether or not VIBR ever came in glass until seeing your photo. I suspect that it didn't ever come in glass, which now gets me wondering what year VIBR was released. So, how did you get the label off the one bottle and onto the other?

Nice. I bought an old bottle of Avon after shave in the gold Cadillac bottle, and the store put the price sticker right I the middle of the roof of the car. I went to remove it and took a nickel sized area of paint along with it. The other day I saw the same bottle, in much better condition, with the sticker in the same place, at the same store. I took it home and soaked the sticker in baby oil for a couple of hours and it came right off, this time without the paint. Gave the old bottle to my boys to play with.

$20140219_185341.jpg

My first glass experiment. On the right is the Veg in a vintage Pinaud bottle with a modified current cap with paper towel stuffed in it for now. On the left is Original Clubman in a Frank's Red Hot Bottle. This was a last minute choice and I did it because of the cap makes it easier to dispense the Clubman.

I tried the cap from a small Tabasco bottle as suggested for the vintage Pinaud bottle and it fits perfectly.

All bottles were properly washed with dish soap, a small amount of bleach, and barbicide. The bottles were rinsed thoroughly.

I will shave tomorrow and use the Veg and determine if I notice any difference.

I still have some ideas for other bottles I haven't implemented yet. Updates to follow.

My first glass experiment. On the right is the Veg in a vintage Pinaud bottle with a modified current cap with paper towel stuffed in it for now. On the left is Original Clubman in a Frank's Red Hot Bottle. This was a last minute choice and I did it because of the cap makes it easier to dispense the Clubman.

I tried the cap from a small Tabasco bottle as suggested for the vintage Pinaud bottle and it fits perfectly.

All bottles were properly washed with dish soap, a small amount of bleach, and barbicide. The bottles were rinsed thoroughly.

I will shave tomorrow and use the Veg and determine if I notice any difference.

I still have some ideas for other bottles I haven't implemented yet. Updates to follow.

Does the Tabasco top fit inside the Pinaud cap? If not, a Texas Pete top will fit. Just need to glue it in there.

$IMG_4431.jpg

$IMG_4432.jpg

-- Sammy

I used to buy VIBR in glass, and if I remember correctly the VIBR bottles and Veg bottles were identical.

So does anyone do samples of the vegetal? I would have to order it if I want some as the only one I can find around here is the original.
Never mind, I found samples available at Garry's

Last edited:
Just put a drop or two on my wrist. Didn't like it at all at first. After about an hour it's not too bad - powdery as others have said. Still not sure if I like it.

I just bought a bottle of the Veg on Amazon to see what all of the fuss is about. I got a really good burn when I put it on, but it really killed my razor burn. When I first applied it, I definitely got the baby diaper, urinal cake scent, but no cat ****. Upon dry down -- its a revelation! I believe I've been chosen! I keep smelling my hand because I love the scent! I can smell the lilacs and it is good!

Ok..so here's the deal. I bought a bottle of this stuff and it smelled like cat ****. I read on this forum about glass bottles so I went out and bought a couple. I decanted into the glass and left the bottle opened overnight. Well it's 3 weeks later...bottle open still and I took a sniff. Better than my original thoughts. Tonight I took a shave a figured ***...go for it! I can't say that it's really that bad. I'm not sure if I'm really starting to like it or if the power of suggestion from all you enablers (yes, enablers..I have more shaving stuff than I'll ever need) is kicking in. I'm still not completely sold on "THE VEG" but I think I'll use it occasionally and see what kind of reaction I get from others. I don't think I'd want anyone asking if I slept in the litter box....so far SWMBO kinda likes it so that's a plus. Again, not completely sold and certainly not chosen....yet!

I was NOT chosen! I seem to be one of those people for whom certain flowers smell like rotting flesh: Gladioli and apparently Lilacs. So all I get from the veg is the smell of a toilet on applying, and on dry down it smells like something died.

I put some on last night, and I didn't even shave! I had switched most of a fresh bottle to a glass Tabasco bottle. Once the plastic bottle is empty, I am going to attempt the label switch.

Top Bottom