What's new

Pinaud Gels - Regular vs Superhold

Evening gents/ladies

I usually slick my hair to the side, or what i seen someone recently call the "mad men" style.

Ive been using black and white (orange label) pomade, or Dax wave and groom.

I don't get the hold with the pomade, and the dax makes flakes in my hair.

I like the smell of clubman and the gel would most likely do the trick.

Thing is, they are both roughly the same price, but the regular (green tub) is getting shipped from the US whereas the superhold is from the uk.

Do they perform similar enough to warrant the longer delivery? (i really want to try them)

Any help is much appreciated as always :)

Thanks

I've never tried the superhold but I use the regular on a consistent basis. I just part my hair to the side and it isn't very short but also not very long. The regular hold is definitely stronger than brylcream or groom & clean, but not as strong/flakey as a pomade. The clubman regular is definitely a great happy medium of hold, without becoming extremely stiff or flaky, plus it smells like clubman(atleast initially, it dies down rather quickly).

My boys and I use them both. The regular has, to my nose, just a little bit more of the Clubman scent, but they both perform extremely well so you can't go wrong either way. On my sons, the scent stays all day long. When I kiss them goodnight I can still smell the Clubman. There's not really a lot of difference between the two, so maybe start with the local Superhold.

Cheers for the info guys! I actually ordered the US one. I don't mind the wait, shouldn't be that long hehe.

I have a jar of the green regular clubman gel but currently do not have hair long enough to use it. Ill report back to this thread when I try it out.

I've never tried the superhold but I use the regular on a consistent basis. I just part my hair to the side and it isn't very short but also not very long. The regular hold is definitely stronger than brylcream or groom & clean, but not as strong/flakey as a pomade. The clubman regular is definitely a great happy medium of hold, without becoming extremely stiff or flaky, plus it smells like clubman(atleast initially, it dies down rather quickly).

+1. What he said. I haven't ever used the superhold. But, I do use the regular clubman hair gel. Wearing it right now, as a matter of fact. Has a light to medium hold. Won't leave your hair crunchy and hard. But, holds it nicely in place. I use this and also Groom & Clean. I like G&C a lot, too. It's hold is lighter but I really enjoy its scent.

I use the regular hold quite often and while it does harden more than I like, if I style my hair (I like the parted slick back look myself) and comb it again around 15 minutes later after the gel sets it loses all of the hardness and stays in place all day.

Top Bottom