What's new

Pinaud Elixir Shampoo

V

VR6ofpain

I know it is not the same stuff, but I ordered up some Clubman Country Club shampoo. Hoping it is not as powerful as Clubman AS.

Nice stuff; smells great; got it here about nine months ago: http://www.winkelplein.nu/barbershopsuply/.

proxy.php

TattooJ, that site has an AWESOME selection os a lot of stuff we rarely see...I'm not sure exactly on which continent the Crazy House you live in is located (lol), but if it's over here in North America, how were they on shipping charges? I could easily go nuts ordering from that place...please tell me it cost an arm and a leg, lol...

1. It's not the same formulation as Clubman Shampoo. The scent of the Elixir is supposed to last much longer after shower, among other differences. As for the Clubman, it has the scent of Pinaud, but it doesn't last long at all. A very good shampoo.
2. I checked that site maybe three-four months ago; the Elixir is kaput, at least in the bottle. There were small samples available in plastic bottles for a while, but last time I checked they were also gone.
3. The Elixir is featured here (now out-of-date article): http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/index_accessories.php?m=ac&g=ac015

Great thread, sadly most of the grooming items from the Bond books have disappeared. Floris #89 still exists, but not the same formula as when Fleming wrote about it. Merkur still exists, but zamak heads nowadays.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Here's a link to Clubman's online blog about it no longer being available and suggesting the "country club shampoo" which you can get at Atlanta Barber Supply for I believe the incredibly low low price of $3.50.

Here's a link to Clubman's online blog about it no longer being available and suggesting the "country club shampoo" which you can get at Atlanta Barber Supply for I believe the incredibly low low price of $3.50.

Oddly enough I can see the movie Bond settling for a modern product. The literary Bond was a bit more of a prude, very insistent on his things. Perhaps he was a bit OCD.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my hands on an original bottle of Pinaud's Exlir shampoo. I recommend Clubman's County Club Shampoo.
You may also create your own by mixing a neutral base shampoo with some of Pinaud's Quinine Hair Tonic. Although I doubt James Bond would use such a rudimentary creation. Good luck finding the original!!

P.S.: My favorite Bond on film is Sean Connery.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Clubman country club shampoo is okay. I think it’s a pretty strong scent. But nothing that special I. Terms of shampoo.

My least favorite bond was Pierce Brosnan

From Russia With Love is my favorite, as is Sean Connery.

Robert Shaw (as Red Grant) and Lotta Lenya (as Rosa Klebb) make great adversaries. The fight scene in the train car has yet to be matched. No silly choreography here! It could be real. OK, the Gypsy Girl fight was lame (but entertaining).

I have managed to find James Bond's aftershave, sadly an unobtainium product. It was produced by Lenthéric.

Top Bottom