What's new

Pinaud Clubman

So I was at Walgreens today and noticed they had Pinaud Clubman I have heard great things so I picked up a bottle....yeah its been returned already I could not stand the smell, and I hardly think my girlfriend wants me smelling like a 80 year old man...what are some other good aftershaves that don't remind you of mothballs and werthers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can't help it if you don't like the smell of success and the taste of heaven. You might be against yourself unless you would like Aqua Velva. There's always the option of making your own or buying samples. Maggardrazors was the best when I bought mine.

It's not for everyone, just the best of us. To be serious Maggard's is a great place to get samples.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So I was at Walgreens today and noticed they had Pinaud Clubman I have heard great things so I picked up a bottle....yeah its been returned already I could not stand the smell, and I hardly think my girlfriend wants me smelling like a 80 year old man...what are some other good aftershaves that don't remind you of mothballs and werthers

A least you gave it the old college try!

How do you return an opened bottle of aftershave? I guess Walgreens must have a very liberal return policy. Anyway, me and the other 3 women in my household would agree with you and buck the trend of what seems like universal praise of Clubman. I wouldn't want a bottle of it even if it were free. If you don't want an aftershave that reminds you of mothballs and Werthers you can bypass nearly everything cheap you'd find on drugstore shelves. I'm positive I'm stepping on a lot of toes here but I'd skip the typically recommended Aqua Velva Blue, Brut, Old Spice and Skin Bracer. Try Aqua Velva Musk, Aqua Velva Ice Sport, and if you can find it, Aqua Velva Original Sport. It's not sold in the U.S. but is readily available in Canada.

I kind of feel the same way. I can tolerate Clubman, but why would I want to when I have many others I love. The bottle I have is coming up on a year old, and there's hardly any missing. It will most likely end up in the garbage or a PIF at some point.

Afta Fresh is a nice scent. I also like Pinaud Citrus Musk. (Not to be confused with just Pinaud Musk which to me, smells just like Clubman. For me, more money wasted on an aftershave I don't like.) It may not be for everyone but I like Florida Water too.

Maybe list some AS and soaps/creams you like the scent of - might be helpful in making suggestions?

Off the cuff, if you don't like Clubman, maybe Tabac or The Veg might do the trick? :001_cool:

Still new to wet shaving so all I've tried soap wise is Van Der Hagen and the Blades Grim Smolder going to just order some samples from WCS...seems like the best plan to me

Still new to wet shaving so all I've tried soap wise is Van Der Hagen and the Blades Grim Smolder going to just order some samples from WCS...seems like the best plan to me

Samples are great, but can get expensive too. A lot of the artisans make interesting scents, you could email them and ask. If you are dead set on something that smells a certain way, you can probably get a matching aftershave to go with whatever cologne you like to wear. There might be a clone of your favorite cologne already in aftershave form. You can always go with an unscented or light scent aftershave.

Haha not the kind of scent I'm looking for either....I seem to have stepped on some toes in here

No we are just giving you a hard time. Clubman isn't for everyone hence the artisan availability of every imaginable scent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom