What's new

Pinaud Clubman

After reading plenty about the stuff... seeing it in the SOTD threads plenty of times, I actually found it in an Ingles on the last grocerie stop.

Impulse buy... definitely.

After getting a weird look from the LOTH when I did a first wiff that evening, I slapped some on today.... and was somewhat horrified for the first 5 seconds... It does come on strong at first!!!:blink:

But after a few minutes and getting the den cleaned up after shaving.... I stepped into the living room for a first review.

To cut things short.... I got 2 thumbs up with smile and kiss from the wife!! Passed!!

Definetely in the rotation now.... even if its not my ususal kind of flavor... I like it.

Thanks for all the postings on that to everybody. Great stuff

I think it helps to be a bit old school, like me at 60, where I can think back 40 and 50 years ago to the old barber shops, smelling pinaud as you walked in the door, getting one of those whizz bang haircuts, like the Vitalis and Bylcreem pics showed on the walls, and then getting your neck and sideburns shaved with a straight razor.

Then that wonderful feel and smell of Clubman being slathered on and a finish with the Talc. Pay your $2.50. a 50 cent tip, a big thanks and wave, and on your merry way out the door, your head feeling clean like a newborn, and 2 lbs lighter! LOL

It's like "coming home"!

Since I don't have those fond memories of old timey barbershops... I can't really comment on that. But I can say that the scent does convey a certain... feel... somewhat comforting. Like I said. I like it.

Thanks for the comment.

Used a sampler for the first time today (1ml from an online retailer). SHMBO thought it smelled fantastic. Green light to order a large bottle. Tonight's looking up as well :thumbup1:

My first experience with clubman was the same the initial smell of it was like whoa that is strong but once it dried down I really liked it now when I shave before I go to sleep using Clubman it's like aroma therapy I believe everyone should have a bottle of Clubman in the shave den

Clubman's not bad, and if you do some searching on Amazon you can find a 16oz bottle for $10 including shipping. If there's a cheaper aftershave, I don't know what it is.

At first I did not like the scent of the original. After giving it some time though I am a believer. Old school is the best school!!

I ordered a bottle from Amazon as its not available from highstreet shops here in the UK. When it arrived, the bottle was split and leaked all over my kitchen floor. SHMBO was not impressed and it took a few days for the smell to clear from the house. Second bottle is far more popular with her though...

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Congrats Quink. Welcome to the Club, as BSAGuy said. I splashed some on this evening, as a matter of fact. I got back from a nice, long bike ride, took a shower, and then slapped on a big 'ole handful of Clubman. So nice. And definitely comforting!

Yeah, it comes on a little strong at first so I normally don't wear during the week. It does calm down quite nicely for me after an hour or so, and I've found it to be a great go-to weekend AS. Love the classic scent.

I think it helps to be a bit old school, like me at 60, where I can think back 40 and 50 years ago to the old barber shops, smelling pinaud as you walked in the door, getting one of those whizz bang haircuts, like the Vitalis and Bylcreem pics showed on the walls, and then getting your neck and sideburns shaved with a straight razor.

Then that wonderful feel and smell of Clubman being slathered on and a finish with the Talc. Pay your $2.50. a 50 cent tip, a big thanks and wave, and on your merry way out the door, your head feeling clean like a newborn, and 2 lbs lighter! LOL

It's like "coming home"!

+1. I have used Clubman for decades. For me this performs and is the essence of classic barbershop! :thumbup1:

Congrats Quink. Welcome to the Club, as BSAGuy said. I splashed some on this evening, as a matter of fact. I got back from a nice, long bike ride, took a shower, and then slapped on a big 'ole handful of Clubman. So nice. And definitely comforting!

:thumbup1: Thanks for the welcome... I'm just glad the LOTH likes it...otherwise it would not have made it...lol

I agree... its somewhat soothing (after a few minutes)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Gents:
Awesome stories, ideas, 'methodologies', comments and all other accolades thus far...'keep 'em coming' Clubman users! :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, I also see in my crystal ball...newly 'minted' perspective members and Knights of the Order of Pinaud!
proxy.php

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/367226-Order-of-Pinaud

[FONT=&amp] “Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan[/FONT]

Top Bottom