What's new

Pinaud clubman Special reserve, your thoughts?

I love it however it has a 'endurance' and 'projection' that is not for everyone. In fact, given how potent an elixir Special Reserve is, I don't use it too often. SWMBO is sensitive to scents that are too overpowering.

With this in mind, I noticed JCarr's mention of Bootlegger's El Dorado mix. After doing a little research I realized I had all the necessary components to make up a batch for myself.

I wound up using English Leather cologne instead of aftershave because all I had was the former. Otherwise I followed the recipe and I am storing it in a vintage Royall Spyce bottle -

20210304_113057.jpg

Of course I had to ensure the bottle was appropriately labeled ;) .

Tim

Bought a bottle of this years ago since I like leather scents. However, I don't always like strong scents. This is one I liked mixing with a little witch hazel to take it down just a notch. Instead of the Spinal Tap '11' I keep it '10' and love it. I love to splash some on after using Ghost Town Barber shave soap.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love it however it has a 'endurance' and 'projection' that is not for everyone. In fact, given how potent an elixir Special Reserve is, I don't use it too often. SWMBO is sensitive to scents that are too overpowering.

With this in mind, I noticed JCarr's mention of Bootlegger's El Dorado mix. After doing a little research I realized I had all the necessary components to make up a batch for myself.

I wound up using English Leather cologne instead of aftershave because all I had was the former. Otherwise I followed the recipe and I am storing it in a vintage Royall Spyce bottle -

View attachment 1231970

Of course I had to ensure the bottle was appropriately labeled ;) .

Tim
Have you seen this @OkieStubble ? Looks good to me!

Top Bottom