What's new

Pinaud Clubman – Musk Aftershave

Anyone every try the Musk aftershave? Not Citrus Musk, just Musk. I’ve seen the other Pinaud aftershaves described, but not this one.

Anyone every try the Musk aftershave? Not Citrus Musk, just Musk. I’ve seen the other Pinaud aftershaves described, but not this one.
Musk is good stuff. Get a small bottle and try it. Aqua Velva makes the one I like and it's inexpensive as aftershave's go.

I like musk but I found Clubman musk to be disappointing. I don't think the scent was much like musk and the scent didn't last very long at all. It was a one and done for me, I wouldn't buy it again. I love Aqua Velva musk. Thankfully it is cheap and easy to find.

Last edited:
as some one posted earlier clubman musk isn't really musk and isn't really clubman either.........however mix it with av musk approximately 1 part clubman and 2-3 parts av musk and you have a mix that sticks around all day at a low level and you will smell unique .i use it once or twice a month.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Musk is my least favorite in the Pinaud lineup. I tried it so long ago, I kinda don’t remember specifically why I didn’t like it. I recall it was just sort of “meh”, certainly compared to great scents like Classic Vanilla and Special Reserve.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I like the Pinaud Clubman Musk. Not heavy at all.

as some one posted earlier clubman musk isn't really musk and isn't really clubman either.........however mix it with av musk approximately 1 part clubman and 2-3 parts av musk and you have a mix that sticks around all day at a low level and you will smell unique .i use it once or twice a month.
This sounds like it is worth trying. :thumbsup:

I like the Pinaud Clubman Musk. Not heavy at all.

This sounds like it is worth trying. :thumbsup:

I’ll try mixing something another time. I just bought the ingredients for three Bootlegger aftershaves. I’ll share with a couple of my brothers, because it’s more than I could use.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

🤔 Great AS, but faint musk, some I did the same. Added some AVM, but just until noticeable.

AA

I've been using it a little lately. Like all the Pinaud's I think it's better if you get it out of the plastic bottles they come in and give it a while to lose that plastic odor. It's nowhere close to my favorite AS splash but it's not bad either. Scents can be very individual things so there's not much you can do but try it yourself and see how you like it. I add a little glycerin to it to make it a little more moisturizing.

Of all the musk scented aftershaves I own, the Clubman version is in the 'OK' area. The scent is light, and seems to be a mix of Classic Clubman and musk. I added a few drops of glycerin for some moisturizing. If you like musk, the Clubman musk is worth a try for only several bucks. A ranking of the musk aftershaves I have--Aqua Velva Musk, Jovan Musk, Houbigant Monsieur Musk, Barbasol Musk, Clubman Musk, Master Musk.

To me, the Clubman Musk smells almost identical to Clubman Classic. Maybe my nose cannot pick up the musk. I will have to pick up an AV Musk, sounds like a winner for winter months.
The Aqua Velva Musk punches way above its' weight, a bright vibrant musk scent with a touch of sweetness, a scent which lasts for hours and has goodies for freshly shaven skin. For a few bucks, it is a "gotta have it"! AV Musk is to musk aftershaves what Old Spice Original is to spicy aftershaves.

I've been using it a little lately. Like all the Pinaud's I think it's better if you get it out of the plastic bottles they come in and give it a while to lose that plastic odor. It's nowhere close to my favorite AS splash but it's not bad either. Scents can be very individual things so there's not much you can do but try it yourself and see how you like it. I add a little glycerin to it to make it a little more moisturizing.
Agreed about the plastic container.

View the video below.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've tried both Pinaud and Aqua Velva Musk and I too find the AV the superior product.

When I was a kid I loved JB Williams' Mon Triomphe. Long since discontinued. But I found that if I mix 3 parts Pinaud Clubman Vanilla and 1 part Aqua Velva Musk it comes pretty darn close to what I remember.

Top Bottom