What's new

Pinaud Clubman good ingredients gone?

In May, I bought some Pinaud Clubman aftershave that has all the goodies for your skin in it. Loaded with them. I went in CVS yesterday and saw a new label on the aftershave and it only has alcohol and fragrance. That was all that was in the Bay Rum aftershave I saw in May, so I didn't get that one then.

Does anyone know if a switch was made to not have all the goodies for your skin? I hope I'm missing something, because I like the Pinaud Clubman aftershave I have a lot.

My bottle has the old label. The ingredients listed are "SD Alcohol 40, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5, Red 33, Green 5."

So, other than alcohol and fragrance, all of the ingredients are inactive -- water and coloring. My guess is that nothing has changed (I mean, it still has color, right?).

I noticed that there are 2 different versions of the Clubman.
The one I got at CVS a while ago just the Alcohol, water, and fragrance...Yet the one I just got (big bottle) from Sally Beauty Supply has all the Oak moss and tree moss' in it and many other ingredients.

I noticed that there are 2 different versions of the Clubman.
The one I got at CVS a while ago just the Alcohol, water, and fragrance...Yet the one I just got (big bottle) from Sally Beauty Supply has all the Oak moss and tree moss' in it and many other ingredients.

Interesting. I've never seen the big bottle before, but the small bottle label has never mentioned those things as far as I remember (I've been buying it on and off for about 4 years). Can you list the full ingredients?

This is the list from my 12.5oz from Sally I got last week.

SD Alcohol 40, water, fragrances, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, citral, citronellol, limonene, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, linalool, evernia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, evernia furfuracea (treemoss) extract, yellow 5, red 33, green 3.

SD Alcohol 40, water, fragrances, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, citral, citronellol, limonene, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, linalool, evernia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, evernia furfuracea (treemoss) extract, yellow 5, red 33, green 3.

Yup, that's what mine is. That's why I got it; it has some stuff that sounds good. I hope it's not switched over to el cheapo now.

Have you ever compared it to the small bottle stuff for fragrance/feel? Guess I'm going to have to get myself a big bottle now.... Drugstore.com has the 12.5, but I see that Texas Beauty Supply has an even bigger, 16 ouncer!

Now I'm really perplexed! What color is the label on your bottle -- all green?

Wow, looking on the internet, I can't find any that look like my label. Some are similar, but the the Pinaud script is in a different place on mine.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be confused with http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/media/clubpinaudaftershave.gif You can see the difference there. Is that maybe the new and this isn't, or they both are, or what? I thought the one I saw in CVS looked new. Hmmm.

We'll get to the bottom of this. I have to drive 8 hours tomorrow to go back to school, but when I get there, I'm heading out to look at after shaves. Oh, and maybe some notebooks and pencils....

Not to be confused with http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/media/clubpinaudaftershave.gif You can see the difference there. Is that maybe the new and this isn't, or they both are, or what? I thought the one I saw in CVS looked new. Hmmm.

I think that's actually a little bit older than the all green label (below). I think maybe it was like that when I first started buying it about four years ago, then it went to all green, and now it has that tan/beige label. My local Walgreens has not yet stocked the new label -- still has the all green (which does not list the goodies). The bottle pictured below was purchased by me maybe a year ago.

It's possible that the new stuff has all the goodies, and the old stuff didn't (or they just lumped them all in under "fragrance.").

proxy.php

I think I just answered my own question: The drugstore.com site shows the Pinaud Clubman Musk with the new label (I know my label on the Musk is definitely older -- it looks almost primitive in comparison), and it lists all sorts of nifty ingredients (including Oak Moss) that are not listed on my old label. Drugstore's pictures of other Pinaud products do not yet show the new label or the plethora of ingredients.

My guess is that the folks at Pinaud are using a new base for their fragrances, rather than just plain alcohol. So, my fondest hope is that they haven't screwed up a tried and true product by trying to improve it!

New Pinaud Musk Ingredients: Alcohol 40, Water, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Evernia Prunastri Extract (OakMoss)

Old Pinaud Musk Ingredients (from my label): SDA 40 Alcohol, Water, Fragrance, Brown #1

I think I just answered my own question: The drugstore.com site shows the Pinaud Clubman Musk with the new label (I know my label on the Musk is definitely older -- it looks almost primitive in comparison), and it lists all sorts of nifty ingredients (including Oak Moss) that are not listed on my old label. Drugstore's pictures of other Pinaud products do not yet show the new label or the plethora of ingredients.

My guess is that the folks at Pinaud are using a new base for their fragrances, rather than just plain alcohol. So, my fondest hope is that they haven't screwed up a tried and true product by trying to improve it!

New Pinaud Musk Ingredients: Alcohol 40, Water, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Evernia Prunastri Extract (OakMoss)

Old Pinaud Musk Ingredients (from my label): SDA 40 Alcohol, Water, Fragrance, Brown #1

Well if what I have is the new, I never had the "tried and true" one, just the new. And I like it. If the old was (is) better, I don't know what I'm missing then.

Somethin' about rubbin' oakmoss on your face in the mornin'.... can't be beat.

Well if what I have is the new, I never had the "tried and true" one, just the new. And I like it. If the old was (is) better, I don't know what I'm missing then.

Somethin' about rubbin' oakmoss on your face in the mornin'.... can't be beat.

We shall see.... I have to get my hands on some of this newfangled formulation :confused:

I got mine probably, oh, 5 years ago..local discount drug store, here it is:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Hopefully you can see the ingredients here:
proxy.php

Doesen't seem to have much in it, but it does have a "Suave, masculine fragrance" LOL.

Steve

You either gots it or you don't..I guess the Pinaud gots it :smile:

I bought this stuff cause I was trying to get that scent you get when you leave the barber shop..Dunno if the Pinaud was quite it..I do use it every day, though.

Steve

You either gots it or you don't..I guess the Pinaud gots it :smile:

I bought this stuff cause I was trying to get that scent you get when you leave the barber shop..Dunno if the Pinaud was quite it..I do use it every day, though.

I find that the Pinaud Clubman Musk is actually a bit closer to the barbershop scent, but I like them both (as well as their Classic Vanilla, Special Reserve, and Bay Rum -- and there are still more to try!)

As to the suave, masculine fragrance, it must be that oakmoss -- wikipedia says it adds a scent of turpentine to a cologne! :eek:

Top Bottom