What's new

Pinaud Clubman and Lustray Coachman

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Last night, I decided to decant several of my aftershave splashes that were in plastic bottles into glass bottles. Two of the aftershaves chosen were Pinaud Clubman and Lustray Coachman. I had always thought that these two aftershaves were very similar, but upon transferring their contents and getting a good smell of both, I no longer think that's the case. Coachman seems to be a touch sweeter with a more powdery scent up front. Clubman seemed to me to have a mild anise scent in the background that just was not in Coachman. In any case, glad I made the transfers. I also decanted Lustray Spice and Blue Spice as well as Pinaud Clubman Vanilla. Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum I had transferred into glass a couple of weeks ago. It amazes me how much better they smell even just taking a whiff from the glass bottle.

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Last night, I decided to decant several of my aftershave splashes that were in plastic bottles into glass bottles. Two of the aftershaves chosen were Pinaud Clubman and Lustray Coachman. I had always thought that these two aftershaves were very similar, but upon transferring their contents and getting a good smell of both, I no longer think that is the case.
I have both and to my nose there is a slight difference. I haven't decanted them, however.

Speaking of Blue Spice, my grandmother used a product when I was a kid that smelled very similar to it. For the life of me I don't remember what it was. It could have been an Avon product, but that's just a guess. Ah well, it's funny how certain scents come back to us.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have both and to my nose there is a slight difference. I haven't decanted them, however.

Speaking of Blue Spice, my grandmother used a product when I was a kid that smelled very similar to it. For the life of me I don't remember what it was. It could have been an Avon product, but that's just a guess. Ah well, it's funny how certain scents come back to us.

I'm surprised at some of the more inexpensive aftershaves that come in plastic bottles...the ones you used to see in your local drugstore on occassion. Some of them are quite good, especially when you consider the amount you get and the price you pay.

Top Bottom