What's new

Pinaud Classic Vanilla - not so good

Obviously scents are very personal. I have only ever found a handful of colognes that I can tolerate. More often than not, I find cologne to be cloying and actually prefer AS because the smell dissipates faster.

Having said that, I have tried four Clubman variants: Original, Vanilla, Lime Sec, and the Veg, and the only one I never used again was the Veg. Not Chosen.

Pinaud Clubman products have their fan base for sure. The thing that I find disappointing with some of their offerings, vanilla included, is the disappearing act soon after application. It's as if you never put it on. But I have to keep in mind that it is aftershave which isn't designed to linger too long.
Wow the reason I hardly ever use Clubman (original) is that it sticks to me all day.. I mean I like it. But after several hours it gets cloying. The others are more like normal aftershaves as far as longevity.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Wow the reason I hardly ever use Clubman (original) is that it sticks to me all day.. I mean I like it. But after several hours it gets cloying. The others are more like normal aftershaves as far as longevity.

Yes, the original does have staying power...that one and the Reserve. I'm not a fan of the Lilac Vegetal, but after having sniffed it in the bottle, I would imagine that would stick around some also.

Top Bottom