What's new

Pinaud Bay Rum

Is it just me or is this a great aftershave, especially for the money? I have a lot of high end aftershaves (Taylor's, Trumper's, Proraso, Musgo Real) and I rank this right up there with 'em. I may have to look into some other Pinaud products. I bought Pinaud Clubman for my travel case. Anyone else like their products?:confused:

Tom

I absolutely love this product. It does have some bite to it, but it smells great, lasts for hours, and is very affordable. It is definitely a product I will re-purchase.

Kyle

I'm gonna have to give Pinaud a go. The Bay Rum scent has really grown on me the past few weeks ... I never used to like it - no matter who it was made by. I recently purchased a bottle of Trumper Bay Rum and it's quite nice ... very well done ... but not much longevity at all. It's right there with Trumper Limes in terms of staying power. Gone almost instantly.

Kyle / Tom - I don't know if either of you have tried Trumper's version of Bay Rum .... if you have, do you think the Pinaud has better staying power? Also, with Pinaud being known as "drugstore fare" and generally inexpensive, do you detect a "cheapness" in the Pinaud Bay Rum, or do you think they did a pretty good job with it ... ?

- Dave

i bought the clubman aftershave splash becuase of its classic sent, #1 ingredient is alcohol and it stings a bit (i dont mind that sensation at all in an aftershave) but it does seem to also work well.

djr7572 said:
Kyle / Tom - I don't know if either of you have tried Trumper's version of Bay Rum .... if you have, do you think the Pinaud has better staying power? Also, with Pinaud being known as "drugstore fare" and generally inexpensive, do you detect a "cheapness" in the Pinaud Bay Rum, or do you think they did a pretty good job with it ... ?

- Dave

Dave,

I've not tried Trumper's version. As far as staying power is concerned, my wife claims to be able to smell it on me up to 12 hours after application. I have actually started using it as a cologne instead of as an aftershave. I will put a little on my chest and then wipe the remainder from my palms on my shirt-front.

I have also purchased the Pinaud Lilac, Lime, and Classic scents. Of the four, the lime is the only one that I find to have a "cheap" smell.

Kyle said:
Dave,

I've not tried Trumper's version. As far as staying power is concerned, my wife claims to be able to smell it on me up to 12 hours after application. I have actually started using it as a cologne instead of as an aftershave. I will put a little on my chest and then wipe the remainder from my palms on my shirt-front.

I have also purchased the Pinaud Lilac, Lime, and Classic scents. Of the four, the lime is the only one that I find to have a "cheap" smell.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought a Pinaud product (especially Bay Rum) would have that kind of staying power. So, from a female perspective (your wife), does she like the Pinaud Bay Rum on you? I saw one reviewer here (I think it was Ron) that said his wife says "No!" to Bay Rum. I guess for $6 you can't go wrong to try out the Pinaud. I love my Trumper's version but I'd love to give the Pinaud a go.

Gents, I ordered Trumpers Bay Rum from qedusa last week. I have not always been a fan of bay rum. It seems to smell odd on my person. Nevertheless, Trumpers is a keeper. Great scent. It lasts about 6 hours on me.

Kyle,
The Lime smells "cheap"? Man, I was kinda wanting to try it out, now I don't know. I like the Classic, and the Bay Rum...any word out there on the Vanilla? That's another one I'd be interested in trying out.

-Pary

Pary,

Maybe cheap isn't the best of adjectives for describing the scent. It certainly isn't a bad smell, it just isn't an authentic lime smell like Trumper's. Since it is such a low $ product, give it a shot. Less than $10 is a small price to pay for satisfying your curiosity.

crackstar said:
damn! I wish I knew where to find Pinaud bay rum aftershave in Montreal, I also love it.

Jeff

Crackstar - you may be able to mail-order it from the Toronto Beauty and Barber Supply store (send me a pm if you want details). As for finding Pinaud in Montreal, I would try to see if there are any barber supply stores or possibly asking a barber (as opposed to a "stylist") where they get their supplys as this is standard fare.

Hope this helps.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I love the Classic scents and those from the classic makers like Pinaud. Yep, it's low dollar fare but likely what was in 90% of US barbershops, not Trumpers and Taylors.

I use either the Pinaud's Clubman or the Bay Rum 4 out of 5 days. Occasionally I will use Florida Water but don't remember the maker. Both have great staying power yet won't overwhelm. I small splash of water on the face later in the day rejuvinates either scent.

Tony Miller

Kyle said:
Is it Murray & Lanman's Florida Water? I have some of this but don't wear if very often.

I highly recommend Florida Water for summertime. A bottle at home, a bottle at the office. It's a nice, refreshing "pick me up" in the middle of the day.

Randy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Florida Water is one of my "guilty pleasures". Cheap enough to bathe in, with a nice clove component. Fades rather quickly, though.

I LOVE Bay Rum----but my wife says I smell like an Oatmeal Rasin Cookie (Entemins brand). lol Either way -- for the Price it is well worth it. After the initial "Tingle" you feel great.

I stopped by the local Sally Beauty Supply to pick up some stuff for SWMBO and while browsing the isles came upon a small stock of men's grooming supplies including pinaud/clubman and the master's bay rum. I opened up the bottle and gave it a smell...nearly just like the after shave the barber used to put on us after he would shave the back of the neck, ears and sideburns with when I was a kid! I decided to pick up a bottle for only $6.00 and was wondering if anyone out there has used this and could compare it to any others.
Thanks

Deja vu! I saw the same item in a Sally's yesterday and wondered if I should pick one up.

Any advice for a brutha?

Top Bottom