What's new

Pin material search

Can anyone tell me where to find 1/16 brass and nickel silver round stock to use for pins? I won’t go to hobby lobby, and the one place that I found the NiAg on Amazon was crazy for price and shipping.

Ideally, I would be able to get both at the same place.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently went through this as well. Texas Knifemaker's Supply. The rod is listed on their website under Knife Making Steel Barstock Rods > Barstock, Rod & Sheet Stock > Rod Stock.

Get yourself some 1/16 inch brass and 1/16 inch nickel silver. You could easily go through one 12 inch rod just learning to peen, so make sure to order enough. I should have ordered twice as much as I did.

Thanks, gents! @Frank Shaves, I had found the Texas Knifemaker site/link on Amazon, and they were the least expensive option that I found online for nickel silver round stock.

However, I touched base with a Jewler/ professional welder friend of mine to see if he knew of anywhere lo that I might be able to check out, and he let me know a couple of things. First, that nickel silver actually has no silver in it, and that I could probably use welding rods, as @Legion mentioned.

On the Amazon US side, I found these 1/16" (1.6 mm) brass welding rods priced at $14.00 for a pack of 20 which seems to be a good price but finding nickel silver in 1/16" seems to be tricky

Top Bottom