What's new

PILS vs Feather SS after 1 week each

Didn't some versions of the Tech have a bead-blasted/matte Gillette logo on the cap? I wonder if this improved the shave.

It's not the same thing as the bead-blasting on the Feather Stainless, I'm sure, but all this talk of the matte surface reminded me of that version of the Tech.

K.T.

I had one of those ball end handle Techs with the diamond logo on the head and found it to be the mildest of all the Tech heads I tried. I very much doubt it was bead blasted.

Thanks for the suggestion brothers. (grumble) I hate change ;) I'll give the feather blades a shot and report back. If you don't hear from me in 10 days please give blood to your local Red Cross in my memory. :blink:

I've gotten a week of shaves in so far. I've shaved with a Futur for the past ~5 years. My take so far: worth every penny. It oozes quality, and shaves so smooth I can't believe it. I put in a fresh feather this morning, and effortlessly shaved to BBS in no time with no irritation -- even when being very careful with my Futur+Feather combo, I always feel a little burning with a fresh blade.

The quality of the razor and the shave it produces = win.
Hey you finally got it..Hurray I was getting worried..I guess your zip is off the mainstream postal highway..Enjoy ..I certainly am !!!!!!!!! best shaver investment you,ll ever make !!! Now to find a new hobby...Maybe stainless shaving brushes or stainless after shave!!!!!

Absolutely the best shave investment, I agree. It's actually a razor I would consider giving to a cartridge shaver -- it's that easy to use, and it just looks awesome. The stand is worth the extra $75, in my opinion.

Also, has anyone figured out a good carrying case for it? It'd be awesome to have a stainless steel one, or even aluminum...

They are both a really good looking razor.. I've submitted my request to SWMBO for the
PILS firstly... Fingers crossed :lol:

I'm interested to know why so many Feathers are popping up on BST while a PILS sighting seem to be a rarity. Is it just the economy of scale - more people buying Feathers due to the lower price, or some other factor?

It is too mild. But YMMV.

Can anyone vouch that the Feather SS head is a spitting image of a Gillette Tech with only more weight? Many guys swear they get great shaves with a Tech and Feather blades (mild meets wild combo).I would think that Feather blades would be the perfect blade for the Feather SS if it's a copy of a Tech.

Can anyone vouch that the Feather SS head is a spitting image of a Gillette Tech with only more weight? Many guys swear they get great shaves with a Tech and Feather blades (mild meets wild combo).I would think that Feather blades would be the perfect blade for the Feather SS if it's a copy of a Tech.

It may look the same as a Tech, but it's no Tech to me. Smoother and closer shaves than I can get with a Tech (and I tried all Tech heads, I think).

I don't understand mild vs aggressive in regards to the feather stainless -- a better word is smooth in my opinion.

Top Bottom