What's new

Pilot razors?

Hey guys,

I saw another thread on these, but I'm not asking if anyone's tried them yet (ok, I kind of am), but also wondering if this is a NEW product, since I've never heard it before.

The Pilot safety razor! 2 models are on Amazon.

The Endeavor:

proxy.php

And the Magnum, which is about an inch shorter:

proxy.php

So, what's up with these razors? They go for about $20. I wonder if the quality is anywhere near the quality of the popular, but cheap, LORD razors.

I bought a Pilot Endeavor from Amazon in December. The handle was really nice and heavy, it felt like it was solid brass. I weighed it at the time, but I can't recall how much it weighed. The plating on the handle was nice and smooth. Right out of the box I noticed that the head on the razor I received was poorly cast and misaligned. The plating of the head was thin and was flaking off at the edges showing the copper undercoat. I returned the razor to Amazon for a refund. It's a shame because the handle had a nice feel in the hand. It was like a thinner but heavier version of the Parker 91R handle. Shave a buck offers a razor which is almost identical to the Endeavor here.

Last edited:
Hi there. I just wanted to chime in on my experience with a Pilot Endeavor. I just had my absolute first DE shave today after work after lurking around here for the last week. I ordered this kit from eBay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilot-Endea...035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19db62b6d3

Before I get into my review, heres a little background on me. I have been cartridge shaving since I was 17, mixing between the Fusions and Mach3's. My skin is super sensitive, my hair is course, and I almost always wind up with razor burn / ingrown hairs / cuts. The absolute best shave I had gotten was from a new fusion with Edge sensitive aloe canned gel, but even then they gave me horrible ingrown hairs a few days later. I work in Law Enforcement and must shave every day. While I could always get a " Profile " ( the term they use here for a medical excuse not to shave), I always loved having a BBS face so I wouldnt give in.

By the time I got home from work today, I had a substantial amount of stubble already on my face. Well, the kit I ordered literally just came in and I couldnt wait to put it to the test! My first impression is that it felt solid and well made. The chrome was perfectly smooth and it had a nice weight behind it. The blades didn't quite exactly sit even but that was easily corrected once I loosened and aligned it. I loaded a Big Ben blade, lathered up my face with Edge gel, and started working on technique and proper angles. I watched every video maniac and geofatboy had to offer while I impatiently awaited its arrival. The pattern I chose was a 3 pass, N to S - Ear to Nose - and finally S to N.

My first pass was with the Big Ben blade I had originally loaded, but I found it tugging / dragging too much. I removed the blade for the second pass and placed in the dreaded feather........ The only word to describe the feather is Heavenly. I dreaded the feather from reading all over that it was much too aggressive for a beginner.... and this was my first shave afterall. By the time pass two and three were finished, my face felt just as smooth as when I used a cartridge, and my face wasnt red!!! I must admit , I used a hair too much pressure on the feather on the first stroke and it quickly reminded me of what I learned here...... to let the weight of the razor head carry the blade! Luckily it was very minimal and barely a nick. Just enough to remind me to be slow and careful.

All in all, I have to say the shave was nice, my face is smooth, and I have MUCH less irritation than when I shaved with the fusion. I even removed the blade, dried it, and hand stropped it when I finished for good measure. My first and surely worst DE shave felt about equal to any of my cartridge shaves thus far. I cant wait until my Soap and brush come in! Im hoping it will enhance the experience and make my skin even more smooth in the end :) Heres what I ordered.... Does anyone use this? Its a Glycerin based soap and the seller has decent feedback. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-BuckTho...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2ec7c13baa

Last edited:
Top Bottom