What's new

Pilot Numbering System, Anyone Know

Does anyone know how Pilot sets their numbering system

from what I can tell a "2" in third number means larger size of the first two i.e. custom 74 vs. 742, or 91 vs. 912

but I have no idea how the first two work, its not quality I dont think and in some cases there is a 3 in third part which I think means fancy filler, but then my Pilot piston is a 92, which is like a 91 with a piston ?

either way Pilot has my fancy at the moment, I had no idea they had so many pens, or nibs for that matter, we dont get to see many of them over here with out dealers but check out the huge list bellow of what they offer, think only Sailor may have more

$!BR4ByRQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLluysEBK!QhvlLJg~~_3.jpg

So all the 74 series pens seem to have rounded bullet style ends, with gold trim, while the 91/92 series pens have flat ended with rhodium trim

so maybe first digit is body shape, second digit marks trim, third digit is a float either refering to size, or special filler something like that

ive also come to note that there is the custom series, and custom heritage series that may just through all this out the window

Your the man George, that is everything I wanted to know... and I was right, 9 series flat ends rhodium plated.. 2 meaning bigger (fatter) and the 7 series bullet ends gold hardware 2 being bigger

Top Bottom