What's new

Pihole DNS server - anyone using it?

I saw this DNS server back around 3 months ago and finally installed it a couple days ago. I wanted to install it on raspi zero w but ended up putting it on a raspi 3B+ and plan to switch it over soon back to the zero w.

Anyone using it? Anyone who stopped using it?

So far I am enjoying it and haven't noticed and issues, but clearly it hasn't been up long enough to make any better conclusions.

My 3B+ has been a PS4 replacement for the past few months using retropie and kodi. Got my ps4 back now and was just looking at Pihole in the past week as the pi is feeling redundant at the moment. I had heard about issues with ebay and others but haven't tested anything. I was hoping it would filter youtube adverts on the PS4 but looks like this may not be that simple: How do I block ads on YouTube?

Not used DietPi either, my preference for lighter systems is Alpine Linux but packages will be more limited than the Debian based stuff: about | Alpine Linux

A couple guys at work use it. They really like it. The one guy has been using it for at least a couple years now.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Top Bottom