What's new

Pig flood

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Is your 6 1/2 inch 41 one of the ported Lew Horton 657s or the Blackhawk you pictured earlier? New model or old?

I've been blessed with all 3...

*EDIT* I re-read your post. Blackhawk...

Yup...old model 3 screw. Bought it in the early '70s from a friend for $75 and it included the Herrett's grips, a cheap buscadero rig, and a box of factory ammo with only 6 rounds gone. :biggrin1:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've been using FotoTime for almost two decades now. But it does look like you have a couple fair sized armadillos.

That's what the wife asked...is that armadillos or pigs. I just said it's too deep, too much like furrows, and too much of an area for 'dillos. She said that's what she thought.

Armadillos tear up the yard enough, we don't need pigs coming up in the yard.

Looks like I'm on guard duty tonight. The 920 lumen spotlight is fully charged, and I put the red lens filter on it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Put your hand in the crack, you might not get it back-thats a moray...the barefoot man

I ain't THAT stupid. I've seen a moray eel bite wound, pretty fresh, that someone got from taking underwater photos and didn't pay attention to where their arm was at...from a big one. Nasty. I've seen several big ones about eight feet long.

Saw someone who had accidentally kicked a sea urchin as they were walking out of the water after dark, when they were carried out on the way to the hospital. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in that much pain.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
They were back last night...tore up most of the rest of the back yard. They may wait until the lights in the house are turned off...they ain't stupid. .41 Mag and .30-30 are handy. I don't go outside after dark unarmed.

Had the game camera out, but it was aimed towards the back gate and nothing tripped it. Just ordered two more cameras so I can get more coverage and maybe pattern the hogs so I can see what time they come up at night. I was outside with the spotlight that had the red lens filter on it several times last night and saw nothing.

Yeah, I know. I'm not tolerant and accepting. Hey, I know! I'll send 'em to whomever wants them. Nice pets.

1571789044313.png

1571789083857.png

They also tore up about a 30 yard stretch by the pipe fence next to the driveway.

1571789190536.png

How about using a 12g semi shotgun 00Buck to eradicate more hogs... usually I have seen people get one and the others run away...

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
How about using a 12g semi shotgun 00Buck to eradicate more hogs... usually I have seen people get one and the others run away...

To transport a rifle or shotgun in a vehicle in Oklahoma they have to be unloaded. It would be simpler for her to just get a license and throw a handgun in the car when she goes to work rather than having to unload a shotgun. Here you can carry any firearm in your vehicle without a license. A 12 ga. would work very well on hogs though.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Have you taught your hogs any manners?
They have torn our place up.
My friends have been having a blast.
I haven’t gone year.
Flu (me) and pneumonia (wife) and overtime (both of us) has kept me home for a while.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Have you taught your hogs any manners?
They have torn our place up.
My friends have been having a blast.
I haven’t gone year.
Flu (me) and pneumonia (wife) and overtime (both of us) has kept me home for a while.

Not yet...haven't been able to catch them in sight for a shot. Saw turkey buzzards circling over the front pasture last week and it was a small one, about 100 pounds, that must have got hit on the road and made it that far. Haven't even got any on the multiple game cameras I have out, but they are close.

The lady getting killed in the Houston area even made the Dallas t.v. news that we get here.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I read about that. Very scary. We have our
“Camp” high fenced with a high gate.

Top Bottom