What's new

Pig flood

It's amazing what a damn mess they can make in one night. I remember in FL they'd tear up swaths of palmetto roots and everything else like they'd brought a back hoe. Also waking up in a camper because they were bumping it like a cheesy 80s horror movie. If anyone's got a helicopter I'll bring gas $ and toys for the cause.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It's amazing what a damn mess they can make in one night. I remember in FL they'd tear up swaths of palmetto roots and everything else like they'd brought a back hoe. Also waking up in a camper because they were bumping it like a cheesy 80s horror movie. If anyone's got a helicopter I'll bring gas $ and toys for the cause.

Here ya go.

Too rich for me though when I can just stay home. I don't know why people pay that kind of money just to hunt varmints.

If they want to eliminate the pig problem here in south Texas all they'd have to do is eliminate EBT cards. The pigs would be on the endangered species list within six months!!! :arabia:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt drops them quick. Makes a nice hole and doesn't mess up the meat. Redhawk .45 Colt on the hip as backup LOL.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
.223 is a varmint cartridge, better upgrade to .30 caliber for hogs.

An AR-10 works, so too does a Marlin 336 rifle

I know lots of guys from my neck of the woods who don’t even eat hog but will hunt them all day long for sport. I enjoy varmint hunting, and don’t mind helping neighbors keep their land clear of hog, with my 270 or .308, but when the deep freezer starts getting low on wild pig, I prefer my Rock River 20” AR with a 62 grain Barnes TSX lead free hollow point for anything 85 pounds and under.

That’s good eatin’ right there.:)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
They are delicious.
I shoot my Rock River Arms .308 with the NightForce scope (5 1/2x56).
All head shots

Those smaller hogs are some of the best eating there is.

One morning I shot a small one that dressed out about 30 pounds. We put it in an aluminum foil pan and added 2 jars of Pace Picante Sauce, covered with foil, and then threw it on the pit away from the fire. We then hunted all day.
That evening we came back and threw corn tortillas on the pit and had some of the best pulled pork tacos I have ever eaten.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
They are delicious.
I shoot my Rock River Arms .308 with the NightForce scope (5 1/2x56).
All head shots

Those smaller hogs are some of the best eating there is.

One morning I shot a small one that dressed out about 30 pounds. We put it in an aluminum foil pan and added 2 jars of Pace Picante Sauce, covered with foil, and then threw it on the pit away from the fire. We then hunted all day.
That evening we came back and threw corn tortillas on the pit and had some of the best pulled pork tacos I have ever eaten.

Damn I’m hungry. :)

Top Bottom