What's new

PIF'ing etiquette

I have a basic question about PIF'ing. Is there a rule as to whether the PIF'er (donater) or the PIF'ee (recipient) is responsible for the shipping charges?

Does one simply announce a desire to PIF, and of the respondents, the PIF'er chooses one or more PIF'ees? I apologize, but as an attorney I get hung up on language. I don't mean to PIF anybody off.:thumbdown

its whatever you want, most of the time, the person offering pays shipping. You can choose winners, or if you want it to be random, use random.org.

In a nutshell, whoever offers the PIF makes the rules. If you expect the winner to cover shipping charges (which, frankly doesn't happen much), then state this in your description. You can have however many winners you want. You can make it is simple or complicated as you want. Again, your PIF, your rules. Have fun!

The gentlemanly thing to do us pay for the shipping if the item you are PIFing, in my opinion. However, sometimes the PIFer really just can't afford the shipping, it happens, so they ask for the recipient to cover the shipping costs. No harm in that at all as long as you state it up front. Read the link in my signature for a full write up I did on PIFs.

The gentlemanly thing to do us pay for the shipping if the item you are PIFing, in my opinion. However, sometimes the PIFer really just can't afford the shipping, it happens, so they ask for the recipient to cover the shipping costs. No harm in that at all as long as you state it up front.

+1. Additionally, the gentlemanly response is to promptly PM the PIFing member to notify them of delivery. Nothing worse than wondering if the stuff you mailed out never made it to the intended person.

Top Bottom