What's new

PIF

Very nice razor & blades @SgtCrppls, well done on your pif, sir. And congratulations to @Berwick12 , you're getting a tried & true quality razor to begin your wet shaving journey with. Please post your comments, thoughts & what you learn with your new razor.

Ok @[B]SgtCrppls[/B] first and foremost thank you! First shave was last night and while there are many emotions that I need to get though with this post I post the pertinent info first and the rest to follow.

Razor:EJ89
Blade:Gillette Nacet (OP included in box)
Brush: None
Soap: Cremo Shave Cream
Passes: 1st WTG 2nd - XTG
Results: Fantastic

1 Word feeling: Revelation

I was using a dollar store Assured DE razor, it did the job and I am new to this so for $1 dollar its wasn't a bad deal. But man, what a difference! Now I understand the difference between mild and aggressive. The EJ89 is a mild razor in my eyes and gives me the full confidence that I will be able to go ATG in the future when I feel that I am there. Such a huge confidence builder compared to the Assured. I would compare the Assured razor to my wife, she is aggressive, if you are doing something wrong she will definitely let you know about it quickly and she will be quick to draw first blood.

Now the emotion part of this, I am SO happy I have found DE shaving and this site. DE shaving gives me something that used to be considered a chore something I look forward to. I am saddened that I haven't haven't stumbled upon DE shaving before in my 20 years of shaving. I feel bamboozled, hoodwinked, snookered by all of the multi-blade disposable companies that have gladly taken my money for a subpar product all of these years. I feel cheated by my old man that he didn't teach my how to shave and I had to teach myself so many things that he should have been there for. I promise you this, if there are any single mothers that are struggling to teach their sons how to shave in VT I would be more than happy to pick up that torch for that young man.

Top Bottom