What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF x3

What a neat way to run a PIF, very generous offer. I'm in!
I have never shaved with the EJ89 and only have natural bristle brushes currently, so I'd be interested in trying the PAA brush. My first razor was the "other" modern newbie, the Merkur 34C--would enjoy seeing how the EJ compares. I haven't expanded my equipment much in the last decade, and I'm looking to bring variety back into my routine. Of course I'd post results in my newly minted shave journal.
Happy holidays to gpjoe and Time Bandit, and all participants.

Well, I'm going to jump into this pif, I'm in!

My choices are for the EJ de89 & the synthetic brush. If I win, both items will be given to a dear friend whom I just got started into wet shaving about a month ago. He's enjoying it but is not happy with his cheap de razor that isn't giving him smooth shaves. I've instructed him about good technique, but his razor is far from a good starter razor. Now about each of the two items:

The EJ de89 is an excellent razor for a newbie or experienced shaver to use. It's capable of being forgiving while you learn to shave, but once the proper technique is used with the razor, it provides a most satisfactory shave! I used mine for close to a year when I started de shaving before I gave it away.

The PAA synthetic brush is my selection because it has a nice-looking handle & a synthetic for a beginner will allow the person to get good lathers easier than with a badger or boar. Easier, that is, for the person that doesn't want to take the time to learn about soaps and shaving at the same time.

I'm going to make this even more irresistible by adding one of these to each package:

20221214_121520.jpg

So sorry...

I'm interested in the Fatip Testina Gentile razor + the Simpson brush.

Thx again!
-Z

The Fatip and Simpson brush are going to @Time Bandit as he was the first to respond to this PIF. It was explained in my first post, sorry.

If you want to participate, you will need to choose from the remaining items. 🙂

The Fatip and Simpson brush are going to @Time Bandit as he was the first to respond to this PIF. It was explained in my first post, sorry.

If you want to participate, you will need to choose from the remaining items. 🙂
Ah, phooey. :) I'll drop out of the razor contest, since I have each of those. I'd like the synthetic brush- I already have a Perfecto Badger (badgerbadgerbadger).

-Z

Alrighty. Alright. I know. I let this PIF run just a little bit longer than I had originally intended. Lol. I had a good reason though. Please, just trust me. I did. Anyway....

So I've gone over this thread and have picked the remaining two winners and will be in contact with them shortly. I know @gpjoie is eager to send his wonderful bits of awesomeness and generosity on their way.

Without further ado...

@Chad3 you're the winner of the Gillette Tech and the Phoenix Shaving synthetic brush. Congratulations! Now you won't ever have to worry about taking your grandfather's personal razor out of your home again. I hope you find some peace knowing you can you this one gifted to you by Joe as your travel razor. I also find it fitting to award you with the Peregrino as you've never used a synthetic brush before. Not all synthesis fibers are made the same but I think you'll have a good experience with this one. Enjoy.

@dmshaver you're the winner of the Edwin Jagger DE89 and the Perfecto badger brush. Congratulations! I applaud your effort to help bring another gentleman out of the grocery store shaving aisle, into our wonderful world of traditional wet shaving. You're helping a friend in more ways than one and further strengthening our community. Thank you.

Congratulations again to both winners and to everyone that participated in the PIF/thread.

Happy holidays everyone!

Top Bottom