What's new

PIF: Wilkinson Empire wedge razor

Happy holidays! In case you didn't get the razor you'd been hoping for for the holidays, here's a chance to add to your repertoire.

I'm offering that unusual and very cool Wilkinson Wedge -- 7-day set. Unfortunately there's no strop included, but perhaps another member would like to offer a Wilkinson strop, or another that you've found to work. But even without the strop, this never used Empire razor can be loaded with a blade & stropped with a conventional strop. Or you can clean the edge with a high grit stone -- or just go with the blade as is.

The only requirement for entering this pass-along offer is that you have to have been using a straight or DE razor for at least 3 months (this razor should not be your beginning experience), and you need to have at least 50 posts.

I'll select a winner Wednesday night -- using random.org.

The razor:
proxy.php

7 never used wedge blades.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Instructions for use & etc. are available online -- just click here.

So post your interest and one fortunate and adventurous member can try out this unusual set.

Truly this beast was designed by a Gyro Gearloose or Rube Goldberg of the heyday at Wikinson Sword. And you know Wilkinson Sword blades really gave Gillette a run for the money in the 60s -- which in part led Gillette to their eventual innovation in the multi-bladed cartridge blades & razors.

But this Empire set didn't disrupt anyone's core business, yet it was indicative of the types of innovation (and innovators) that was constantly in search of the next new breakthrough in non-straight razor shaving.

By the way, no country restrictions on this PIF offer.

I have looked several times and am still intrigued so put me up for a shot at using that mechanical marvel

A very cool and generous pif the missing link bettween a straight and a de would love to try one, count me in.

Holy Schnikes Jake! That razor is amazing. I love the mechanics of a Valet Autostrop, seeing the gears move as it operates. That Wilkinson razor takes it to a whole new level. Count me in!

Your generosity amazes me. Thank you kind sir for the chance!

I have been using a DE since December of 2010. This is my second go round. My first was the late sixties.
please count me in. I love that setup.

Romo

I'd love to be considered for this PIF Jake. A very generous offer.

If I win, I'm looking forward to trying to hone those wedge blades on my coti. I've seen a few threads about them over the years

Wow ... what a cool looking gadget. I've seen a few like it before, but this one is spectacular!

Count me in, and Thank You, Jake.

Good luck to all who are participating.

Top Bottom