What's new

PIF: West Coast Shaving-Zingari Man "SOLOIST"

My good fortune is your good fortune!

Here's the deal:
A while back, here on B&B, I noticed the jazz trumpet player label art on this Sego base soap called "Soloist" made by Zingari Man exclusively for @West Coast Shaving. I just HAD to have some,... so after a little research I ordered a tub directly from WCS.

But wait, there's more:
I also showed my sweet wife a picture of this soap and commented that I liked the horn player on the label and the idea of the "spicy, boozy fragrance reminiscent of classic cocktails & classy clubs" - as described on WCS's website. So she, being the amazing wife that she is, secretly ordered a surprise tub for me!

Now What?:
So now, I am sitting on 2 brand new tubs of WCS/Zingari Man "Soloist". I write an email to John at WCS offering to send one of the unopened tubs of Soloist back for store credit and indicated that I would pay for any shipping costs. I also mentioned that I am a fellow B&Ber. Now John writes my back stating, "No need to send it back, but as you're a B&B-er (like me!) feel free to PIF the second tub to a worthy shaver"! Do we have some first class vendors in this industry or what!?

I am so richly blessed:
I am blessed by a most incredible wife, an engaging and encouraging community of fellow B&Bers, an esteemed vendor like John @West Coast Shaving, and now 2 tubs of "Soloist" soap.

The resolution:
As a PIF and out of sincere gratitude, I am offering a free unopened tub of WCS/Zingari Man "Soloist" to a fellow B&Ber who might be interested adding in this "Homage to Jazz Club by Maison Martin Margiela. Scents notes of pink pepper, rum, & tobacco" to their shave soap rotation. I will pay for shipping as well (CONUS only).

Please just let me know that you are interested and please also tell me who your favorite jazz trumpet player is and why!

Good luck!
1580752741852.png

I would to be considered for this. I too saw this on WCS. The art is stunning!

I'd have to say my favorite trumpet player is Louis Armstrong. An amazing trumpet player with a huge career spanning something like 40 50 years. He broke boundaries, broke records and was simply an American icon.

Thank you for this opportunity. Now I have to listen to some Jazz (I'm going to play Big Bad Voodoo Daddy though... Lol). [emoji846]

Very generous of you!

I'd love to try it... my favorite trumpet player is Miles Davis. I think he was a pioneer and very influential... I also just really like his style and music too

I am in please. Almost went with Miles Davis, but decided to go a different direction. I will go with Wynton Marsalis because of his accomplishments and contributions.

Last edited:
I'm in. Favorite trumpeter - Not an original take, but true - Miles Davis. He wasn't a great player technically but he always played the emotionally "right" notes. Plus he always was one step in front of the crowd, never resting on his laurels as a trumpet player. I've been listening to the outtakes of In A Silent Way and always amazed that that album came out in 1969.

Zingari Man is one of the few soaps that I'm interested in trying this year. I'm busy trying to work my way through around 30 tubs of soap, but ZM is on my list of things to check out.

It's hard to go against Miles Davis, but I think I'll say that Dizzy Gillespie is right up there as well. I saw him in the mid 1980s and he was amazing even at 70 or so.

I'm sorry, this is going to bother me to no end until I explain myself... If it wasn't stated specifically for a trumpeter, I'd absolutely have to go with Louis Prima.

Yes he's a trumpeter, but I don't think that's anywhere near his best attribute. He sung heavily and wrote some amazing tunes. To that end, I think the trumpet takes a backseat. All of that said, he was a born performer and his swing style jazz is absolutely my favorite.

Whew, got that off my chest. I just had to explain myself, because I was feeling guilty. Poor Mr. Prima. LoL. [emoji16]

Very generous pif and on my buy list. I must go with both Miles and Dizzy as they had 2 different styles and approaches to the horn. Both set the bar very high for being able to make their instruments speak for them.

Very generous of you. I'd like to be considered.
I'll say Miles Davis since he was the first Jazz trumpet player I listened to and was taken by the sheer emotion behind his playing. Was listening to a Kind of Blue yesterday

Gentlemen. Thank you for your interest and your comments regarding some fantastic horn players! Louis Armstrong will forever be "Pops" to all trumpet players. Miles was most definitely a pioneer and a visionary. Lee Morgan is a personal favorite of mine who, like so many, died way too young. Diz was one of a kind and Chuck had a way with the flugelhorn. Contemporaries such as Kermit Ruffins, Nicolas Payton, and Wynton are carrying the torch forward. All good stuff! ...and impossible for me to select one!

Since this wonderful dilemma of mine is essentially my wife's "fault", I am going to place all names of responders up to this point into the "hat" for her to draw a winner at random. I will announce her selection this evening after the drawing! Good luck and thank you all.

I’m in!!! I love the artwork & have wanted to try it ever since I saw it. The art reminds me of my 6 years that I lived in New Orleans. Brass is alive and well there! And bc of this I’m going with “The Round Mound of Sound” Al Hirt! The theme song for The Green Hornet is one of the greatest theme songs of all time!!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Top Bottom